Focal Point? How close can I get?

Reaction score
I'm not a camera guy so let me ask this:
What is the closest I can get to an object with my Phantom 3 camera lens and still be in focus?
I was thinking of hand holding the Phantom for a close-up of something. I assume I can not do anything macro like with it.

Thanks

P3P - looking at the grass or stones in the video before takeoff or after landing the close focus looks like it's around a foot. I came down low the other day and flew to within a foot of a big yellow weed and it looks in satisfactory focus.

If you're thinking of doing handheld, you may want to check this out. Just keep in mind, your phone or tablet needs to be wired to your tx, no wifi, like the P2V+. This means you won't be able to take advantage of the phone or tablet holder, and you may want to wear your tx around your neck. No need to spend extra on the hybrid or mammoth tablet holder though.

Elephantom

http://bymac.org/new/home/19-elephantom.html

I have no affiliation with this product, nor do I own one. I just thought it related to this thread.

You'll have clear focus from about 2 meters. Closer than that, you'll be gradually out of focus as you get closer. Despite the small sensor, the 2.8 aperture still has a small impact on the depth of field.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav