FLYTREX OUT OF BUSINESS??

Reaction score
I've been a huge supporter of Flytrex sense the release of the core flytrex which I still have.

They were the best tracker black box innovators in the market in my opinion,
Flytrex did so much more than just locate your lost UAV.

They kept evolving and getting better and better.

My last Flytrex is the Live Plus which I used on my Phantom 3 pro and it worked perfect until last month.

Numerous attempts to contact Flytrex has failed. Ive tried email there online support from their page.
Ive posted here and on Facebook. No reply.

I think the Flytrex Sky was their downfall. I had one on preorder for many months and finally cancelled.
many are still waiting with not answers to delivery questions.

Sad to see them crash and burn but I don't see them recovering from this.
A good business must support their customers. They have failed at this.

Terry

I don't think they are out of business since they are still actively posting on their Facebook. Here's a response from two days ago when someone asked about the Sky shipping:

"we are now about three weeks out from shipping. I apologize for all the lengthy delays. We recently had a small hold up due to receiving an incorrect part. We are deeply sorry for the continued delays and hope to get you and everyone else their Skys as quickly as we can."

Reactions: BigAl07
I don't think they are out of business since they are still actively posting on their Facebook. Here's a response from two days ago when someone asked about the Sky shipping:

"we are now about three weeks out from shipping. I apologize for all the lengthy delays. We recently had a small hold up due to receiving an incorrect part. We are deeply sorry for the continued delays and hope to get you and everyone else their Skys as quickly as we can."
yes Ive followed the page and they will drag things like that out with general replies. I was on the same list as that guy from the pre launch of the sky. I had to file a paypal dispute which was settled in October of last year to get a refund on a sky which was ordered in July. Amit used to quick to reply. Now nothing. ive posted on the same Facebook page and went through the support on their page with no reply. Ive done this many times because I do like the Flytrex.

So, slow to reply and general replies mean they are out of business? I think it just means their priorities might be elsewhere.

Unless something just happened they are very much still in business just back logged (as msinger noted above).

products such as this should be supported very quickly. This is a crucial part of safe light for me. Its not like a prop guard or a nice sticker.
This being unusable could mean I may loose my Phantom.
This is a blackbox for my Phantoms. Its the tracker and also gives other crucial information.
Kind of like going for a boat ride with out your flotation device. Its risky. All they have to do is respond with something besides a generic boxed message.
Ive been using them and relied on them sense February 2014.

So, slow to reply and general replies mean they are out of business? I think it just means their priorities might be elsewhere.
if their priorities are not on the product which others rely on to safely fly their UAVs then if they are not out of business they should be.

I'm not disagreeing with your vision of the ideal business ethics. The title of this thread is misleading though. You seem to know they are not out of business.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm not disagreeing with your vision of the ideal business ethics. The title of this thread is misleading though. You seem to know they are not out of business.
O no I think they are OUT OF BUSINESS. The replies on FB are the same type replies they have been giving sense last year.
look on the same page. You will not see one happy customer. All you will see is delay after delay. Look on Amazon. Still selling but not available.
These are clues to me they are going under.

Keep in mind I was one of their biggest fans and first supporters. I have used all the Flytrex versions and have recommenced them to many.
I did have a youtube tutorial on the install and a test flight. I had to take down due to no support.
if nothing else maybe this thread will get their attention. So far nothing else has worked.

I just logged on to the website and updated my profile. However, I still haven't installed the gear yet. Just got my sim card.
I have 156 logged flights from May 2015 and 23 assorted achieved badges. Then almost one year later its not working,

Here the same. The last successful Upload, with the Flytrex Live 3G was in March 2016. No answers to Mails, no reaction at Facebook. Sorry, i think this company is dead.

Reactions: Skipholiday
Here the same. The last successful Upload, with the Flytrex Live 3G was in March 2016. No answers to Mails, no reaction at Facebook. Sorry, i think this company is dead.
this is sad. I really liked them. I have 1 Flytrex core 2 Live 3g and 1 Live plus. all useless at this point. I dont even think I could upload the info from the core

Flytrex cannot possibly be out of business. They just launched their new Flytrex Mule - when was it? Last week?

Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network

Come on guy. Just because you're experiencing problems doesn't imply the company is out of business.
Look at the FB page. all negative post about no service no products. This is a crucial part for many ppl that fly.
if they fail to update,respond or keep their servers running then we all have issues.
They launch new products when they can't produce the sky to current customers.

This looks like a business that has failed.

I just got one activated a week ago then freaked out a little seeing the title of this thread!

I just got one activated a week ago then freaked out a little seeing the title of this thread!
I have two that still do not function. We even tried another sim from another carrier with no change. I'm not sure what the issue is, I know I'm not the only one. Check out their facebook page,

Mine has been good...used a H20 sim and was good to go

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I found this forum a bit too late. I purchased a Live 3G unit for my P3P, picked up an AT&T go phone sim and cannot seem to get a connection / registration completed. The unit powers up and goes through the initial sequence but stops with a solid blue light indication. I have tried contacting Amit for the last week with ZERO responses from him. I am going to post my frustration to Facebook next. What a waste of $200. Trackimo will be my next purchase.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic