FlyTrex Live --- yet more aggravation !!

Reaction score
OK so I flew 3 flights tonight on a gorgeous 70F windless night in Northeast Ohio with my Vision+ with Flytrex Live mounted to the underside. On each flight, I made sure I got the blinking green LED which means flight data was being streamed to the 2G cell towers. Everything seemed cool.

When I get back home to check my Flytrex profile --- it only shows 1 flight's data being uploaded !! The other 2 flights never got data uploaded to the Flytrex servers even though I had the blinking green LED telling it me it SHOULD have transmitted that data to the cell towers successfully.

I tried connecting my PC to the mini-USB port on the FlyTrex Live but it says in Device Manager that it needs a driver. Can't find this USB driver anywhere on Flytrex's website. Pulling hair and cursing at the Flytrex guys is all I can do right now !! :evil:

Someone PLEASE tell me that Flytrex Live stores data on EVERY flight regardless if it can transmit that data to the 2G network. I want this **** thing to be as reliable as the Core 2 and internally store the flight data on it's own memory chip so I can at least download that info. to a PC instead of relying on spotty 2G coverage to get that data uploaded to my profile. Please tell me those morons at Flytrex didnt design a $200 product that can't even store this data internally ?!?

So much aggravation and frustration with this product --- I try soooo hard to keep the faith in Flytrex but they just don't seem ready for prime time with the Flytrex Live. Wake up, fellas --- lots of pissed off customers out here and we're spreading bad news about your products! Fix these problems or go extinct. Your choice!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Be anxious to see if you recover data.

I am glad I cancelled my order and bought a core 2

rrmccabe said:
Be anxious to see if you recover data.

I am glad I cancelled my order and bought a core 2

I am so close to giving up altogether and listing this **** Flytrex Live on Ebay and getting a few dollars back on it --- or else smash it with a hammer! :mrgreen:

It's VERY close to being a great product. Just seems like they pushed it onto the market too quickly without thinking through all the details of how customers would like to use it. There is absolutely no excuse why it can't have a micro-SD card (like the Core 1 and Core 2) to record ALL flight data regardless of whether it gets uploaded to the 2G cell towers. There are many areas in the U.S. where people can't get reliable 2G coverage so the FlyTrex guys obviously half-assed their research in that respect. So what if dudes in the UK have great 2G coverage? Look how many customers are in the U.S. and that explains why a tiny Israeli company is suffering from tunnel vision. You gotta know your customer base!

They need to get their heads wrapped around these problems quickly or else they will get so much bad publicity over the FlyTrex Live it could doom all the positive feedback they got from the Core 1 and Core 2.

I am afraid it will never be a great product until they upgrade to a newer technology. 2G is only going to get worse. So our frustrations today will be 10x greater a year from now.

Just hope they come up with a cheap upgrade for you when they do.

rrmccabe said:
I am afraid it will never be a great product until they upgrade to a newer technology. 2G is only going to get worse. So our frustrations today will be 10x greater a year from now.

Just hope they come up with a cheap upgrade for you when they do.

I fully agree about the 2G being a major flaw in this Flytrex Live. Not sure what 3G coverage is like in the UK or most of Europe but here in the U.S. it's almost everywhere and would provide a much more reliable coverage for live streaming of data. Plus, it would be easy for a lot of people to pop out the SIM card from their phone and use it in the Flytrex Live and not have to pay a separate fee on a separate SIM like I did (best I could find was $10 for a 7-day pass of T-Mobile data).

But at the very least they still should've have installed a micro-SD slot in the Live just like they did with the Core 1 and Core 2.

Simply a bonehead move to leave that out of a $200 product. A lot of things were very poorly thought out when they designed the Flytrex Live. :oops:

Yikes I thought it did have micro SD. Pretty sure a lot of 3g modems are backwards compatible to 2g. Flytrex must have made this decision based on cost. The obviously know 2g is dying. They have Google too ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.