Flytrex - Dashware - and Mac

Reaction score
I purchased and installed the Flytrex Core 2 and installed it yesterday. Today I made my first test flight and all went well. I then wanted to make a video using the Flytrex data over the actual video of the flight. Some research lead me to Dashware. It was then that I found out that Dashware will not work on an Apple computer running the normal IOS system. You would need to purchase Windows and install it on the Mac to make it work. Thats a huge expense and not something I am willing to do. So, my question is this, can you overlay the Flytrex data onto the video of your flight using any other software besides Dashware?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks,
Mark

Does racerender work with windows 8, my dashware doesn't work (& customer seems to be as good as dji's) so getting my money back & need to get something else

p fandango said:
Does racerender work with windows 8, my dashware doesn't work (& customer seems to be as good as dji's) so getting my money back & need to get something else

I'm using Dashware with Windows 8.1 x64 without any issues. fwiw....

Doug Fletcher

I'm also using DashWare version 1.6.2 under Win 8.1 using the VMWare Fusion emulator on an iMac. Rather convoluted, but I find DashWare has a large selection of attractive flight gauges for overlaying on flight videos. It is fairly easy to modify supplied gauges, or create new gauges as needed.

There's a more recent version 1.6.4 of DashWare, but I ran into a couple problems so stuck with 1.6.2 which works for me.

I downloaded the demo of RaceRender, but didn't spend more than a few minutes before deciding I'd stick with DashWare.

I use 1.6.3 Dashware, with winows 8 x64.

I have helped a lot of people get going with Dashware due to the treasure hunt you have to go on before learning how to use it. Had it not been for a couple of videos by another guy named Frank I would have had a much worse experience. I did spend a lot of hours trying to learn it the best I could. There is still some things I'm not sure about which mostly have to do with vertical gps. None of the mapping gauges show on the their map display when our quads travel UP or DOWN.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub