Flytrex Customer Service

Reaction score
Has anyone using the Flytrex LIVE 3G tracker had to deal with their customer support?

After installing it with the Installation Adapter, it wouldn't activate. I used SIMs from AT&T, Verizon and H2O.

With the time zones, it took a week of e-mail back and forth to their technical support in Israel for them to determine it was defective and they authorized a replacement. But, they wouldn't cross-ship, they had to receive the defective unit first.

Any type of express shipping to Israel was more than $70, so I sent it USPS "First-Class Package International Service". That took two weeks to get it delivered, but they received it last Monday (July 25th.)

Since then I have not heard anything from them, and they have not returned my e-mail messages.

I guess they are still using the old DJI customer service model! My experience with DJI was great, they had my cracked shell repaired and back to me in a week!

In the meantime, I discovered that the aircraft won't fly with the Installation Adapter in place, but the Live 3G unit not attached to it.

It seems to startup normally, but when starting the motors, the error "Warning, IMU Initializing. Do not move aircraft until initialization is complete."
IMG_0109.PNG

Last edited:
I've emailed about a half dozen times over the past six months - always concerning a hiccup of the distance listings on their site - and they've always responded and fixed the problem within 24 hours. I haven't had any reason to contact them regarding my Live 3G. It has always worked perfectly.

Have you ever tried flying without it attached to the adapter board?

I've emailed about a half dozen times over the past six months - always concerning a hiccup of the distance listings on their site - and they've always responded and fixed the problem within 24 hours. I haven't had any reason to contact them regarding my Live 3G. It has always worked perfectly.

Not sure what you mean. I bought my Phantom in August 2015 and flew it fine. Then I added the Live 3G in December and it flew fine. So I guess the answer is yes...?

I use the canbus adapter.

I have the issue noted in the OP where the props won't start if the Flytrex 3G is not connected to the Installation Adapter board.

Looks like I will have to uninstall the adapter board until the replacement unit arrives.

Not sure what you mean. I bought my Phantom in August 2015 and flew it fine. Then I added the Live 3G in December and it flew fine. So I guess the answer is yes...?

Received an e-mail from Flytrex this morning:

I just received your device. Unfortunately we are currently out of stock, just awaiting arrival of our most recent production order. We hope to send you your replacement device with your SIM card as soon as we can.

We are going to send you a new adapter as well. You should be able to use your P3 with the adapter installed and the Live not attached, so we believe there is an issue with the adapter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31