Flytrex Customer Service ???

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I bought a Core 2 almost a month ago but had an issue with my login on their web site. I have emailed them several times and they have answered twice but only to say they have sent it on to a tech. I even PMed the Flytrex rep here on the forum and no reply. Is their customer service that bad or am I just unlucky with them?

Do you have data you need to recover or can you do a new account.

They just did a server update that you can login without a social media connection.

I use google to log in, but none of those things is definitely an improvement!

My trouble is I can't log in. Making a new account won't work as the code is no longer valid.

OK I must have forgot about the code.

My experience is the FB gets responded to as mentioned above. I think thats total BS actually but I have used it once. My issue never got replied to after their initial response but I did get one reply.

And in answer to your question. Yes, I think their support is really that bad. And I think the Live issues has drug them down as a whole.

UPDATE:
So after posting this things started to happen. Eventually I was able to get logged on and now all is well again. It is too bad it took so much to make this happen but at least they stepped up and in the end corrected the issue for me. Thank you Flytrex.

Flytrex customer service is terrible. Have a Core 2 that I upgraded to the v4 firmware which has not been working reliably for me. Not recording mission data reliably, and not storing anything in the on-board backups. Reverted to v3, get the flashes showing it is installed, but it won't give the proper light flashes indicating it is recording.

One e-mail elicited a simple "I'll forward your problem on..." response, and the second got no response. Been waiting several weeks and nothing from them!

I really hope their service gets better just from the short time I've had to deal with them my experience has been less than good.
I ordered the new 3g with the canbus adapter on Tuesday. I paid the extra $24 for the expedited shipping and received an email saying I'd get tracking info within 24/48 hrs. Still nothing as of today. I also submitted a question to their support through the website.... Still no response. I know $234 might not seem like a lot to some but for me it is. A little communication goes a long way!
I know they're a reputable company and I'm sure (hope) as they grow their support and communication will get better. Just feeling a little left in the dark right now.

AmosMoses said:
I really hope their service gets better just from the short time I've had to deal with them my experience has been less than good.
I ordered the new 3g with the canbus adapter on Tuesday. I paid the extra $24 for the expedited shipping and received an email saying I'd get tracking info within 24/48 hrs. Still nothing as of today. I also submitted a question to their support through the website.... Still no response. I know $234 might not seem like a lot to some but for me it is. A little communication goes a long way!
I know they're a reputable company and I'm sure (hope) as they grow their support and communication will get better. Just feeling a little left in the dark right now.

I ordered my 3g on 29th Jan. It still has not shipped
They say they are working "around the clock" to get orders out. Really? This is not iphone or anything. How many staff must they have ?

Hughie said:
AmosMoses said:

They say they are working "around the clock" to get orders out. Really? This is not iphone or anything. How many staff must they have ?
I seen nothing about pre-orders so I assumed they're in stock? If I hadn't heard anything by Tuesday I'll just ask for a refund. No big deal I guess. There's other options.

AmosMoses said:
Hughie said:
AmosMoses said:

I seen nothing about pre-orders so I assumed they're in stock? If I hadn't heard anything by Tuesday I'll just ask for a refund. No big deal I guess. There's other options.

Sorry not the 29th. The 26th
So I have been waiting for three weeks and they have not even shipped yet.

AmosMoses said:
If I hadn't heard anything by Tuesday I'll just ask for a refund. No big deal I guess. There's other options.
I have the 2G version and I'm dying to get the 3G version.

Flytrex Live is not for everyone. For those people who only need a GPS tracker in case of a flyaway or similar event, then it's better to get a cheaper alternative like Drone Mods or TK-102.

However, for long distance flying then Flytrex Live can not be beat. You simply log into your Live Channel and watch the red dot move on Google Maps sat view. That feature has saved my *** numerous times when I fly FPV and lose orientation with the landscape.

AmosMoses said:

Apparently, the CAN-BUS adapters are out of stock at the moment which is the cause for the "current" delay.

I have the 2G version and I'm dying to get the 3G version.

Flytrex Live is not for everyone. For those people who only need a GPS tracker in case of a flyaway or similar event, then it's better to get a cheaper alternative like Drone Mods or TK-102.

However, for long distance flying then Flytrex Live can not be beat. You simply log into your Live Channel and watch the red dot move on Google Maps sat view. That feature has saved my *** numerous times when I fly FPV and lose orientation with the landscape.

Yes sir. That is exactly why after days of research I decided on the 3g. It's the first step in my upgrades. Next up is a fpvlr stage 4! [WINKING FACE]
Just want to make sure I have the bird still to upgrade. Don't want it lost in a tree before I can get the fpvlr antennas. Lol.
I've already set up my Flytrex account and been familiarizing myself with it. I live in a pretty rural area and long flights are exactly my eventual goal.
Thanks for the info!
Hughie said:
Apparently, the CAN-BUS adapters are out of stock at the moment which is the cause for the "current" delay.

This is good to know. Just wish that Flytrex would communicate that to its customers so we know.
My concern isn't that they're going to scam me in any way, it's simply the lack of communication. Thanks for the info!

Ugh..... I really screwed up trying to edit the quotes....... Sorry about that.

must admit i got my hopes up when i paid & received an email saying it'll be despatched within 48hrs, but actually took over a month. They are helpful via facebook, but as not thats not of use to everyone

p fandango said:
must admit i got my hopes up when i paid & received an email saying it'll be despatched within 48hrs, but actually took over a month. They are helpful via facebook, but as not thats not of use to everyone
Did you select the 4 day shipping option? I'm in the states and the other option was 3to4 weeks if I'm remembering correctly.

AmosMoses said:
Did you select the 4 day shipping option? I'm in the states and the other option was 3to4 weeks if I'm remembering correctly.
no i'm in the UK & took the cheapest option, it was around a month till it was despatched but think it was less than a week in the post then

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31