Flytrex Core 2 Incorrect Altitude Issues

Reaction score
So I thought my incorrectly reporting altitude issues with the Flytrex Core 2 were due to my sloppy mounting and partial blockage of the barometer.

So remounted so that the barometer is now facing outwards on the shell, with complete free-flowing air. But the issue remains. My takeoff altitude for a recent flight was 187ft.

I also "earned" the " Diver 50" badge, which is awarded for having "successfully decended 50 feet below starting point (15 meter)"

Anybody know what's up with this issue? Is there a firmware fix?

Flight link: http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-dji-phantom-2-non-vision--damon-cooper-52577/

damoncooper said:
So I thought my incorrectly reporting altitude issues with the Flytrex Core 2 were due to my sloppy mounting and partial blockage of the barometer.

So remounted so that the barometer is now facing outwards on the shell, with complete free-flowing air. But the issue remains. My takeoff altitude for a recent flight was 187ft.

I also "earned" the " Diver 50" badge, which is awarded for having "successfully decended 50 feet below starting point (15 meter)"

Anybody know what's up with this issue? Is there a firmware fix?

Flight link: http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-dji-phantom-2-non-vision--damon-cooper-52577/

I read somewhere that this is possibly an issue with the Google terrain data (found that out after I had something similar happen) but not entirely sure. I haven't returned to that location to fly to see if it happens again, however I may this weekend.

I have the same problem you report with altitude and the FlyTrex. This led to a long discussion here and eventually, the discovery of serious Google map errors in the area where I fly. It wasn't the FlyTrex after all. Welcome to the exclusive Diver's Club!

GearLoose said:
I have the same problem you report with altitude and the FlyTrex. This led to a long discussion here and eventually, the discovery of serious Google map errors in the area where I fly. It wasn't the FlyTrex after all. Welcome to the exclusive Diver's Club!

Hmm. Ok :)

GearLoose said:

Are you also in New England USA? I'm only about 35 miles away from the OP...

Thanks...
-slinger

No, I'm in the opposite corner, north of Seattle in the North Cascade foothills.

gunslinger said:
GearLoose said:

Are you also in New England USA? I'm only about 35 miles away from the OP...

Thanks...
-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31