Flytrex core 2 and Phantom 2 - 3 flashes!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I guess there lots of people using the core 2 with a Phantom 2 etc...

Just had one and installed it yesterday. Test flight today and all went well, Phantom 2 flew perfectly.

The only thing is, the Flytrex failed to record anything to the micro-SD card.. (2Gb plain SD card).
The flytrex (FT) is showing a double flash when it's powered on, this indicates it can't access the SD card.

Putting a backup.txt file ont he D card causes the FT to attempt a backup of the internal flight records, but there is nothing put on the SD card.

Anyone else had issues with SD cards and FT core 2 ?

The Core 2 has internal memory, so if you put a good SD card (HD) your data should be there.

Use class 10 or ultra.

Yeah tried that with a backup.txt file.. nothing appeared on the SD card.
The Flytrex only supports Micro SD no SDHC so "class 10" etc is out of the question.

Mine works fine, but I am not using a class 10 or SDHC card. I am using "PNY Micro SD" , just a standard SD card. I get 4 long green lights ( version 4) then fast flashing green lights followed by slow flashing lights, if I remember correctly. Show a picture of your SD card please.

I've worked out it's the cable.. the power is fine but the 3 flashes indicate it's having issues identifying the data stream from the GPS unit.
It checks the NAZA protocol first, so I should one set of 3 flashes ... but I get constant 3 flashes.
It's the same with and without a micro SD card.
Getting a replacement cable...

Data stream syncing - The LED will now start a sequence of 3 short flashes, followed by a slightly longer pause and than again 3 short flashes. This stage can repeat multiple times or flash only once. During this stage the Core scans the incoming data protocol and will try to sync with the incoming protocol before recording starts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20