Flytrex 2 something wrong

Reaction score
there is something wrong with my flytrex 2 it said I went up 645ft when I never went above 100ft and also that I went 50ft below me if I had I would have been digging out of the ground

My new core 2 that came today. Took off at zero elevation and when I landed it was minus 25. I don't have enough experience with it yet to say if that's typical but that's my first experience.

I have emailed flytrex and told them about it still waiting to here back from them but have look back at the last 3 missions I have posted and the reading are all wrong there as got to be a fault on them if you are having the same ting happen to you.

http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/

Flytrex Core Mounting

Although Flytrex Core 2 can be mounted anywhere on the aircraft, for optimal altitude and temperature reading we suggest paying attention to the placement of the barometer component.

The barometer component can be located easily - it is placed on the other side of the microSD and it is the only component with a small hole in it. Check out the included picture with marking the barometer, just to be sure.

This small barometer hole needs to be mounted in such a way that prevent direct sun-light from entering it, yet remain open to air flow. This can be very little air and just shouldn't be completely sealed.

Our suggested mounting is to place double-sided 3M or velcro on the other side from the microSD, where the barometer is placed, but without covering the barometer itself. Then, attach it to the multirotor frame so that the barometer is pointing the frame, yet there is a small gap due to the thickness of the 3M/velcro.

Having the barometer pointing to the frame will prevent direct sunlight from entering it, yet the small 3M/velcro gap will allow good air flow to enter. Such mounting will yield optimal altitude and temperature reading

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20