Flysight Transmiter

Reaction score
It's expensive and looks heavy. Why not a tried and true vTx like the TS453 or ImmersionRC 600?

Also, what antennas are you using on your current setup? Are the GoPro and monitor both on either NTSC or PAL?

Why not a tried and true vTx like the TS453 or ImmersionRC 600?
That is why I am posting the question to see what everyone thinks. I can use a 600 mw, But in my thinking 1200 mw is a lot more powerful and will get thru and around things better. I guess if I am going to spend 70-80.00$ for a 600 mw transmitter. What's another 40-50.00$ for a 1200 mw transmitter for twice the power. For the money I now have invested in this whole thing, 135.00$ sounds pretty cheap to be able to see where I am at with it and not loose it.

Also, what antennas are you using on your current setup?
I am using the toad stool antennas and the black square high gain on the black pearl and set to div mode to use which ever antenna gets the best signal.

Are the GoPro and monitor both on either NTSC or PAL?
Yes both are on NTSC.

I probably am not getting over 500 feet and start loosing signal.

Wayne

Quality antennas give you more range and solid video signal VS. Higher output transmitters.

Not exactly sure on the actual ratio but when you double the transmitter power you only get 1/8th increase in range ( your range does not double)

However, you can easily double range with quality antennas and good antenna placement

Check out this video series
Success in FPV part: 4 - The Antenna System: http://youtu.be/ptcIFC6dqb0

How to be successful in FPV part3 - The video system explained: http://youtu.be/B9DPy0zmiwk

doubledose said:
Why not a tried and true vTx like the TS453 or ImmersionRC 600?
That is why I am posting the question to see what everyone thinks. I can use a 600 mw, But in my thinking 1200 mw is a lot more powerful and will get thru and around things better. I guess if I am going to spend 70-80.00$ for a 600 mw transmitter. What's another 40-50.00$ for a 1200 mw transmitter for twice the power. For the money I now have invested in this whole thing, 135.00$ sounds pretty cheap to be able to see where I am at with it and not loose it.

Also, what antennas are you using on your current setup?
I am using the toad stool antennas and the black square high gain on the black pearl and set to div mode to use which ever antenna gets the best signal.

Are the GoPro and monitor both on either NTSC or PAL?
Yes both are on NTSC.

I probably am not getting over 500 feet and start loosing signal.

Wayne

You will gain VERY little by increasing the transmitter's wattage, versus high gain antennas. I've not only had a long career in electronics and a much longer hands on experience in ham radio. I built all of my antennas. Back then, I could go from one milliwatt to 2,000 watts.

Increasing power did less for me than increasing antenna height and/or design. All you will really accomplish is shorter flight times due to extra drain on the battery. But, if it makes you happy, go for it! :D

I would be very wary of using a transmitter boasting such a power output from a somewhat no name company.
As has already been mentioned doubling the power output will not provide a significant increase in range, look up the inverse square rule, and you'd be better looking at your antennas and their placement. I've had close to a kilometre,out in the open, using just a 250mW vTX and a reputable make of antenna with no appreciable loss of picture quality. You haven't said what make of antenna you are using. Some of the cheap Chinese antennas use poor quality coaxial cable that the signal is severely attenuated even before it reaches the radiator.

Regards

Nidge

The kit I am using is the Flysight Black Pearl FPV combo package. I am using the antennas that came with the flysight black pearl FPV combo package. The box says the number is CPA5G cloverleaf antenna for RC801 and TX5802. The black pearl also has a PA511 antenna for on it and the box says 5.8 gain antenna for RC801.
When I first put this together it would not reach 200 foot on the default channel and I went back to the dealer and we played with the channels and got it better, but still I would say 400-500 foot is it. I will know better the next time I fly as I just added the IOSD mini for some telemetry.

Wayne

doubledose said:
it is a 1200 mw version from flysight. Any pros or cons for or against it?

Well, depending where you are in the world, it might be illegal.

In the UK for example, it is illegal to transmit at 5.8Ghz above 25mW, unless you have a license.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20