Flysight Black Pearl Screen Rolling Vertically

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't been on here in AGES, but getting ready to fly some more and need some help. As you can see in my sig, I have a Black Pearl video monitor which has always worked perfectly. I had a water crash years ago and after everything dried out, the entire system ran like a charm, to my surprise and joy. After a few flights, I put it away for a while. Then recently, I fired it back up, only to find the camera wasn't working. It's a Hawkeye Firefly Q6, so I bought a new one, and tried hooking it up by the old AV out cable. When I powered up the drone, I got a good telemetry readout from the iOSD Mini but no live cam. So I figured it must be the old cable, which has a small circuit board for stepping down the voltage (2S-6S) to 5V to power the camera, as it's onboard battery has a short charge life. Anyway, I just hooked up the new AV out cable today and BOOM! I now have live video with telemetry. Only problem is that the screen is rolling vertically and it was stable previous to this new cable (which is exactly like the old one).

So I've solved my major problem of no video, but now I need to stabilize this rolling screen. Any solutions or suggestions would be most appreciated, since the only reason I wasn't flying was no FPV. Thanks in advance...

OK, 87 views and no interest. Well as usual, I couldn't rest until I fixed it, so after some research on the Black Pearl and how to use the menu, I found the video protocol set to PAL and changed it to NTSC. Now it works fine, clear pic, but it's all black and white instead of color. Don't know if it's the cam or the monitor, but still trying to find a solution. If you think you may have an idea what's going on, don't hold back. Give me a quick shot here and I'll be skyward once again. As always, thanks in advance...

Greetings rebelyellNC! I'm sorry your comments seemed to go unattended but I think it may be due to the nature of this forum. This forum has mainly pilots that use the DJI Phantom Drones and are probably unable to assist you in your situation. I would like to recommend joining one of your sister forums that have more of a variety of drone pilots. Drone Pilots

Good luck!

Greetings rebelyellNC! I'm sorry your comments seemed to go unattended but I think it may be due to the nature of this forum. This forum has mainly pilots that use the DJI Phantom Drones and are probably unable to assist you in your situation. I would like to recommend joining one of your sister forums that have more of a variety of drone pilots. Drone Pilots

Good luck!
Thanks for your attention to the thread. I will indeed check out the forum you mentioned, but thought that since this was an FPV problem, the FPV forum would be the appropriate place. Thank you again for your attention to the thread.

Thanks for your attention to the thread. I will indeed check out the forum you mentioned, but thought that since this was an FPV problem, the FPV forum would be the appropriate place. Thank you again for your attention to the thread.
You're most welcome. Try our sister forum for FPV Pilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4