Flyoffs and Why?

Reaction score
I just purchased the new vision 2+ and I am seeing videos of horror stories of these machines just flying off. Does this happen frequently and if so what is the most diligent thing to do in order to prevent it? Although I enjoy watching the long distant videos of others I think I am going to practice the line of sight flying for quite some time. I know to some $1,400.00 (with a few accessories of course) is not a lot of money but to me it is a sizable chunk. I mean I had periods prior to making the decision to buy one of hearing my late grandfathers voice saying, "Son, is that a need or a want?" I ultimately decided to do because we only live once and we have no guarantees for tomorrow, but if I was standing their watching my phantom just fly away I would become physically ill. LOL Can someone shed some light on these flyoffs and how to prevent them or recognize the conditions that could cause one? Thanks so much...........

Thanks for the links I will read now. Geert, I really appreciate the insight. As you know by now I am a newbie in the truest sense of the word. I don't think their is anyone greener than I. I decided to do all of this 3 weeks ago and immediately began practicing with the Phantom in the Phoenix 5 simulator and I think I have watched every video and tutorial that youtube has. Its time to get passed the nerves and just fly the blasted thing. Once again, thank so much for your help and patience.

Another Question I downloaded the Phantom Assistant 3.0 Software and the RC Assistant last night. I now see another download that I didn't see on the DJI page last night and it is the Naza-M Assistant Software v2.20. Do I need to download and use this as well?

kymedic121 said:
Another Question I downloaded the Phantom Assistant 3.0 Software and the RC Assistant last night. I now see another download that I didn't see on the DJI page last night and it is the Naza-M Assistant Software v2.20. Do I need to download and use this as well?

You do NOT need the NAZA-M software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj