Flylitchi Waypoints

Reaction score
Had a disaster with my P4 last week. I was flying a well tried and tested Wapoints mission for about the tenth time and all was going well. On the final leg as the P4 was approaching the end point it veered to the left and, before I could react, crashed into a rock face and dropped not four feet of sea water. When I looked at the screen of my device I noticed an extra waypoint had been added after the final waypoint of the mission which steered the drone into the rock face. I hadn't noticed this in the strong sunlight and, indeed, it was't on the saved mission plan when I checked it post disaster. I guess my question is, can you change the uploaded mission by inadvertently touching the screen in flight?
Lessons learned (expensive ones) meticulously check the mission even when airborne and, secondly, be very quick and ready to abort the mission by switching P to S in the event things start to go wrong especially when flying over water and near rocks!

Yep, happened to me one time on a 12 minute, 26 waypoint mission. Somehow I must have added waypoint 27 on to the screen before the flight by accidentally tapping the screen and after it had completed waypoint 26, it came down hard on the ground because I had the altitude of WP 27 set too low.

Now I never take my eye off the screen, and try to use my tab instead of phone so I can see the route executing and also see the entire route on screen and see if any extraneous waypoints have accidentally been added so I can pause or cancel the mission before tragedy strikes.

That was the only glitch I have ever had with over 200+ missions with Litchi, and it was operator error, of course.

Thanks for your input, Thunder.
I haven't lost confidence in the Flylitchi and consider the accident entirely my own fault! Valuable lesson learned though and I wonder if Flylitchi would be interested in the feed back. It seems to me that this is quite an easy error to make and perhaps some sort of lock screen feature might be useful to inhibit mission changes in flight.

Also, check your C1 and C2 button settings. One may be set to "add waypoint" when in waypoint mode. If so, you may have inadvertently pressed one of the buttons.

Thanks for the tip Team.
I'm pretty sure they are not set to anything but I will indeed check when I get home.

I read somewhere to leave the mission in the add poi when loaded so that if you touch the screen you don't add a WP if that makes sense .
I haven't tried a mission yet so I'm not totally familiar with how it all works .

Reactions: Teamfour
Thanks Springs. That is actually an excellent idea! If we do this an inadvertent touch of the screen will only add another POI. When I get home I will try this on my stored mission plans and see how it works. Thanks again for the tip.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was under the impression Litchi Developers had addressed this problem?
I sent a message to the Flylitchi support people describing the incident (taking full responsibility myself) but have had absolutely no reply.

I sent a message to the Flylitchi support people describing the incident (taking full responsibility myself) but have had absolutely no reply.

Apologies, I thought I had read there was an update preventing extra waypoints being added to a mission by accident.

I'll have another scout round.

Just received a reply from the Flylitchi people. They have said that a future software update will include some sort of screen lock to prevent this from happening.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Teamfour

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20