Flying your P3 around the neighborhood, it's gets shot down

You call the police and file charges. No different than shooting at a helo or low flying fixed wing aircraft.

At present time, the FAA considers drones to be unmanned "aircraft". And since it's a federal crime to fire at an aircraft of any type, I would say the shooter could technically be put in prison for a very long time if there are mandatory minimum sentences for such an offense under federal law. Either way.. the shooter is more of a danger to society than a drone owner and should be put jail.

Okay, so we can't shoot down a drone that might be in places where it shouldn't be. What about coming after the drone with a good old fashioned baseball bat if it's low enough? Would it be fair game then? lol

At present time, the FAA considers drones to be unmanned "aircraft". And since it's a federal crime to fire at an aircraft of any type, I would say the shooter could technically be put in prison for a very long time if there are mandatory minimum sentences for such an offense under federal law. Either way.. the shooter is more of a danger to society than a drone owner and should be put jail.
FAA's definition "unmanned aircraft" excepts "model aircraft," no? However, I'm not an U.S. resident, just curious...

Discharging a weapon within most city limits is a crime. In California we can charge them with shooting at an inhabited dwelling, which they are because the projectiles have come down somewhere. As for the bat, Felony Vandalism based on the value of the quad.

how about spraying water on the quad? or paint ball?

how low would the quad have to be for it to count as trespassing and give you the right to protect your property?

Discharging a weapon within most city limits is a crime. In California we can charge them with shooting at an inhabited dwelling, which they are because the projectiles have come down somewhere. As for the bat, Felony Vandalism based on the value of the quad.
Lets just say this isn't California and it's not uncommon to shoot around these parts...

Reactions: RoyVa
how about spraying water on the quad? or paint ball?

how low would the quad have to be for it to count as trespassing and give you the right to protect your property?

Unless the person is literally landing their quad in your property you have no grounds for trespassing or warrant to attempt to damage or vandalize the quad just for flying over head. In either case deliberately damaging or destroying something as expensive as a Phantom 3 can get you put into jail.

Unless the person is literally landing their quad in your property you have no grounds for trespassing or warrant to attempt to damage or vandalize the quad just for flying over head. In either case deliberately damaging or destroying something as expensive as a Phantom 3 can get you put into jail.

Actually you would have to physically attack the person with the drone for them to claim 'self defence.' Its the only real way to get out of it.

http://gizmodo.com/is-it-ok-to-shoot-down-your-neighbors-drone-1718055028

I usually assure people that I can invade their privacy much easier with a step ladder and a camera with telephoto lens than I can by using a noisy drone equipped with a wide angle lens. LOL.

I'm Canadian. We're not allowed to have guns. Most of my neighbors just hurl pithy comments at me.;)

For some reason, this really cracked me up! I have a few Canadian friends and fine, cutting, yet somehow polite, sarcasm seems to be their specialty. Well done!

For some reason, this really cracked me up! I have a few Canadian friends and fine, cutting, yet somehow polite, sarcasm seems to be their specialty. Well done!
We're not allowed to have swords either. Hence the "cutting sarcasm". Had to get a special permit for my P3. They thought the rotor blades were concealed weapons because you couldn't see them when they were up to speed. Hmmm, might be something there to use against irritating neighbors...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4