Flying without the GoPro

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm looking into buying a Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal. Apparently flying with the gimabal installed but without a GoPro is a big no-no. How easy is it to remove the gimbal (maybe just leaving the upper damping plate on)? Does the bottom part just click into place? Or, once installed, do you ALWAYS need a GoPro to fly?

Thanks.

pFrenchie said:
Hello.

I'm looking into buying a Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal. Apparently flying with the gimabal installed but without a GoPro is a big no-no. How easy is it to remove the gimbal (maybe just leaving the upper damping plate on)? Does the bottom part just click into place? Or, once installed, do you ALWAYS need a GoPro to fly?

Thanks.
Real easy, just remove the plastic safeties then pop the gimbal from the rubber shock mounts. (Be sure to unplug the gimbal first).
Recalibrate the compass because the missing camera and gimbal will throw it out of calibration.

To put the gimbal and camera back on, just squeeze the rubber mounts back into the baseplate and attach new safeties. The plastic pins that come with the H3-3D are one-time only, so I just use a loose Ty-wrap. The purpose of the safety is to keep the gimbal attached in case of a hard landing.
Be sure to calibrate the compass again after reinstalling the gimbal and camera.

[vimeo]116224716[/vimeo]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20