Flying with phone

No. This guy did though:

Thanks for this. I'll have to subscribe to this guy's channel - he will probably do so more testing. I tried flying with just the virtual screen joysticks and that was scary. But with a PS3 gamepad it is just like using an RC transmitter.

I saw this post and thought I would ask it here. I am brand new and getting ready to pull the trigger on a P3P and I am wondering if my iPad will work. I have a 3rd generation 64GB iPad with wifi only. Can I fly the phantom with this or is it to old? Thanks.

Thanks msinger, i figured it was too old. Looks like it will be the iPhone6S Plus.

The Phantom is a completely different aircraft in my mind. Here are some things I like about the Phantom though (in no special order):
  • It's more comfortable to fly with a tablet
  • Larger tablets can be attached to the remote controller
  • It's possible to use phones/tablets that are in a case
  • A sun shade can be attached to the remote controller when needed
  • The sticks can be raised on the remote controller
  • It's much easier to hand catch
  • It sits higher off the ground
  • There are more places to attach accessories (e.g. a tracker)
  • The camera is semi protected by the landing gear
  • The position of the mobile device cable does not feel awkward since it's never resting against your hand as you're holding the remote controller
  • The remote controller battery lasts a lot longer

Last edited:
The Phantom is a completely different aircraft in my mind. Here are some things I like about the Phantom though (in no special order):
  • It's more comfortable to fly with a tablet
  • Larger tablets can be attached to the remote controller
  • It's possible to use phones/tablets that are in a case
  • A sun shade can be attached to the remote controller when needed
  • The sticks can be raised on the remote controller
  • It's much easier to hand catch
  • It sits higher off the ground
  • There are more places to attach accessories (e.g. a tracker)
  • The camera is semi protected by the landing gear
  • The position of the mobile device cable does not feel awkward since it's never resting against your hand as you're holding the remote controller

Ok right on[emoji106]. Now what do you like better about the Mavic other then the small size?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For the Mavic:
  • It's very stable when hovering (equal or slightly steadier than the P4)
  • The remote controller has a screen with flight details (handy if your mobile device stops working)
  • Flight-wise, it can do everything the Phantom 4 can do
  • The new flight modes make it easier to pull off shots that are hard to do manually (e.g. circling a moving target)
  • Everything is smaller
  • The prop locking system is better than the P4 (it doesn't look like it'll wear out)
  • It's quieter than a Phantom
  • The build quality is fantastic
  • The batteries are less expensive and offer a similar flight time
  • The range is better since it uses OcuSync

For the Mavic:
  • It's very stable when hovering (equal or slightly steadier than the P4)
  • The remote controller has a screen with flight details (handy if your mobile device stops working)
  • Flight-wise, it can do everything the Phantom 4 can do
  • The new flight modes make it easier to pull off shots that are hard to do manually (e.g. circling a moving target)
  • Everything is smaller
  • The prop locking system is better than the P4 (it doesn't look like it'll wear out)
  • It's quieter than a Phantom
  • The build quality is fantastic
  • The batteries are less expensive and offer a similar flight time
  • The range is better since it uses OcuSync

Very cool...thanks Msinger....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Infinity focus means everything appears to be in focus no matter where the camera is pointed.

Tap the sky.

I guess it's each to his own though a I have absolutely no interest in the Mavic drone whatsoever. I like my Phantom 3 Pro and will stay with it.

Bud

Well, it's not the end of the world (for me anyhow). I have an OtterBox Symmetry case on my iPhone 7. Even though it does not slide into the remote controller handles, the remote controller holds it in place when I press the handles against the side of my iPhone. I might 3D print some adapters to hold my phone, but I'm wondering if that's going to be more hassle than it's worth since I'll have to remove them every time I folder up the remote controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20