Flying with a duck-taped Gimbal over Niagara Falls

Reaction score
When I took my phantom out to fly over the Niagara Falls I noticed that my Gimbal was moving around like it was possessed. So I just unplugged it and taped the gimbal to a fixed position. I doubled the frame rate so I could help reduce the jitter by playing the final video at 50% it's original speed. I was shocked that I footage was as steady as it was. I also used After Effects' "Warp Stabilizer" to help reduce some of the jerky moments.

Let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyPrJVyvpCU

Hmm. looks like a cold place over there...
I was there a couple of years ago in September.. a lot better weather.. :)

Nice pictures.. Why are you flying in the early morning ? To avoid the Police ? ;)

Hey Mauske,
I drove up to the falls the day before but the wind was so bad that I didn't even want to try and fly. I spent the whole day just waking around waiting for the wind to die.. but it never let up. I figured at 6-7am the next day it wouldn't be as windy and there was a chance to catch the sunrise. It was too cloudy to see the sun but the wind wasn't around either so I was able to get a flight in before I had to head back to NYC.

- j

That was awesome !! Ya can't beat duct tape and just can't imagine nobody going over that in no barrel :shock:
Held on to my chair just watching !! ;) Thanks for the view !

Very nice, the half speed actually made it seem better to me with the music and soft fade shot changes. We'll done!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj