Flying With 3 Prop Guards

Reaction score
Hey everybody, first post here. Seems like a sweet community. I recently busted one of my prop guards and am left with the remaining three. I've ordered another set but they won't arrive in time for an upcoming trip I have planned where I had hoped to shoot quite a bit of aerial video. My question is, can I fly with just three prop guards or will that cause an imbalance that the phantom is constantly trying to correct? I'm still super new at flying and so I don't feel as comfortable without the guards at all, so I was hoping I could protect at least three props and motors so if things did go south there would be less to repair. Thanks for any advice!

BrandenB2 said:
My question is, can I fly with just three prop guards or will that cause an imbalance that the phantom is constantly trying to correct?

Both. It's not ideal, but maintaining attitude is what a quad does. Most people are running imbalanced Phantoms and don't even realize it.

I flew mine for weeks with 3 guards while waiting for new ones that I had to order from China, and I had no problems at all.

Great Pumpkin said:
I flew mine for weeks while waiting for new ones that I had to order from China, and I had no problems at all.
You flew yours for weeks without prop guards or without using all four?

if you are planning a flight in the open you can simply fly without all 4 if you plan to fly indoors i think it's not a good idea...

Bencio said:
if you are planning a flight in the open you can simply fly without all 4 if you plan to fly indoors i think it's not a good idea...
Ok cool. Thanks for weighing in. I'll be in Zion's in Southern Utah and want to fly fairly close to some of the red rock down there. I'm just worried because I'm such a novice and still learning.

Just ended up overnighting them and they arrived today! Thanks for the advice. Now I'm covered ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4