Flying time for P2V+?

Reaction score
I'm new to this but my P2V+ only fly about 10min
with the intelligent 5,200-mAh battery
is that correct?

Thats not right, did you fully charge the battery before flying ?

only fly 3 times, until today
and the time is approximately 10 to 12 minutes
what I can be doing wrong?

^ 10 minutes seems short, but I have never gotten 25 minutes. When you say 10 minutes, does that mean 10 minutes until the first alarm? Remember, that's only about 70% battery usage.....I forget the actual %, but about there. If you're at 70% usage at first alarm you can still fly! I just wouldn't recommend going very high with the new descent speed limits.

Nah that's not right. I charged mine up when I got it the other day & flew it around for 18mins until the first alarm went off. When I landed it, it still had 2 green bars lit up/
Doesn't take long to charge, but the range extender is a pain in the ***... Takes forever to charge

10 minutes is pretty short. I have four batteries and they all seem consistent. I'll get about 16-18 minutes before I get the first low battery alarm (30%), depending on how aggressively I am flying or how windy it is. My longest flight was around 21 minutes and when I set down I had 12% battery remaining. What you might want to do it let your battery run down to under 8%, let it cool down, and then give it a full charge. This will calibrate the battery gauge. If you are still only getting 10 minutes, then you may possibly have a faulty battery.

As a paranoid flyer I always keep an eye on my battery level and have only ever heard the first 30% alarm once. If flying around a bit aggressive I usually see about 12 to 15 min. If I'm just doing some slow movements and taking pictures I get about 17 to 18 min before I get down to 30%. I imagine I could push it to 25 min it would be close to dead by then, plus I'm to scared.....

I'm thinking once the motors break in, increased fly times from the battery will hopefully follow.

Skynet1 said:
I'm thinking once the motors break in, increased fly times from the battery will hopefully follow.

I think you're right
because I just fly my V+ with a new battery
and I only flew for 13min
until the red lights appear in the Phantom
How to other times

Dirty Bird said:
10 minutes is pretty short. I have four batteries and they all seem consistent. I'll get about 16-18 minutes before I get the first low battery alarm (30%), depending on how aggressively I am flying or how windy it is. My longest flight was around 21 minutes and when I set down I had 12% battery remaining. What you might want to do it let your battery run down to under 8%, let it cool down, and then give it a full charge. This will calibrate the battery gauge. If you are still only getting 10 minutes, then you may possibly have a faulty battery.
I think you hit the nail on the head there, if it is windy it automatically tries to compensate & hold position and as a result uses more power.
I was going to conduct a bit of an experiment today but it's raining, I thought I'd fly it around until the first alarm goes off then keep it about 2ft above the ground and fly it around to see just where the battery starts to fail

My first alarm is set to 25%... I get 18-21 mins every time to my 1st alarm... I have noticed my flight time has gradually increased over time by a couple minutes... I have 4 batteries and rotate them out... Typically fly to 25% then depending how far away, I'll bring closer in... I'll end up landing around 22% and it's been about 20-21 minutes...

I got 17-18 minutes to 30% when mine was new and now after about 20 flights I get 20-21 minutes to 30% which is where the battery alarm comes on. I usually fly until about 20-25% but definitely head home quickly when the battery alarm comes on. So I would say my flight times improved a bit over time but it could just be better weather.

I received my P2V+ 3 days ago. Out of the box did full charge on both batteries and getting 14.6min tops before rapid red flashes just hovering inside have done 3 flights. I made adjustments and reduced first alarm to 25% and stretched it a little over 15minutes.

just sharing

some old time flyer using lipo told me this.

EP based RC also need break in. Motor and Lipo. Lipo needs to be cycled a few time before it is optimized.

For lipo, Brand new first time use, he recommended me minimum 3 cycle. And this is how i did each cycle for my DJI lipo

1. First charge..i fly my PV2+ as normal..till about 75% regardless of how many minutes it is. then let it hover till it cannot lift itself up. Then i just let the motor running till there is only 1 bar left (blinking). I am not sure how the circuit design of the DJI Lipo, but by standard, you cannot use lipo till it is dead flat. you can do use it till 3.0-3.2 safely before you charge it again.

Note: if i let the engine runs till it is flat, does it stop at the LVC point set internally? Does anyone one know this?

2. Once there is only 1 bar blinking, I stop. let it cool down, then recharge till full(the next day maybe).

3. I repeat step 1-2 for next cycle.

My flight time is about 20 mins (before it reaches my safe limit) after I have done the cycle for each of my DJI lipo. I am still observing and playing with the low voltage buzzer configuration in the apps to see what would be best set up.

Nonethless, try cycling it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues