Flying time and battery

Reaction score
I bought a "demo" P2V+ from Adorama about a month ago. I also bought a "new" battery from B&H. No matter what I do I can't get more than 13min (according to the DJI app) flying time. I have not clocked it with a stop watch to see if the app is correct. According to DJI there should be at lest 20 +min of flying time. Has anyone else experienced this this short flying time?

Thanks
Richard

Are you taking off like a model rocket? If you are flying around full throttle all the time you will not have great battery life. If you are elevating and hovering mostly, you should get good battery life. Check in the app and see what is says for your battery stats, such as max capacity, cycles, etc. Your recharge (cycle) count should be very low if its a new battery.

Apparently hovering uses more power than steady sideways movement but not much in it.
Battling to stay still in a wind will shorten times a fair bit.
I find 15 minutes is fairly normal but if you are prepared to run the battery down to the second warning 20 minutes is almost possible - but you wouldn't want to be more than a few feet away by 15%

sprouseod said:
No matter what I do I can't get more than 13min (according to the DJI app) flying time. I have not clocked it with a stop watch to see if the app is correct. According to DJI there should be at lest 20 +min of flying time. Has anyone else experienced this this short flying time?

Have you fitted any extras, such as prop guards, gps tracker etc? Any weight you add to the aircraft will reduce flying time.
Have you balanced your props? That helps the motors to run smoother and use less power.

This is an official reply from DJI about flight times

DJI Innovations
To
Me
20 Aug
Dear Donald
The flight time really varies.
A fully charged new battery could last up to 25 minutes in an ideal conditions. However, 15 minute may be guaranteed.
Thank you

Best Regards,

DJI Innovations
Tech Support: [email protected]
General Inquiry: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]
DJI online sales: [email protected]
Marketing: [email protected]
Press Release: [email protected]
Tel: (86 755) 26656677
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)

So if you are only getting 13 minutes there is definately something wrong..

Cheers

I plan on 15 minutes of flying time. Anything beyond that I want it back close to home and consider trees, home light height, elevation etc so if/when it hits RTH I am ready.

The 20+ minutes is likely best case for a bare-bones P2. (that's Marketing :oops: )

I occasionally fly my P2 that way and do get 20+ minutes in light winds and a mix of flying sport and hovering.

As they say: "Your Mileage May Vary"!

N017RW said:
The 20+ minutes is likely best case for a bare-bones P2. (that's Marketing :oops: )

I occasionally fly my P2 that way and do get 20+ minutes in light winds and a mix of flying sport and hovering.

As they say: "Your Mileage May Vary"!

No, they claim up to a max of 25 minutes and I have never heard of anyone achieving that flight time

When the packaging for a Vision Plus says "Flight Time 25 Minutes" without "up to a max" or similar, it is false advertising.

Anyone who tries to use an analogy to justify it is perpetuating the problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4