Flying the P2V+ without the camera unit attached!!

Reaction score
I bought a used P2V+ on eBay that came without a gimbal or camera. Can I get some kind of telemetry information on my vision app so I don't fly blind or you just can't bind anything since the camera is not there?

Have to have the camera to get any telementry data without doing some internal rewiring.

Have to have the camera to get any telementry data without doing some internal rewiring.
**** that sucks!! I didn't know that. Would the return to home function work if the RC connection is lost?

**** that sucks!! I didn't know that. Would the return to home function work if the RC connection is lost?

Yes, provided the correct green rapid flashes occur. Just remember, there are 2 rapid sets of flashes that can occur. One is GPS (home position) lock and the other is directional course lock.

And in regards to internal wiring, its very simple provided you can open her up.
Look for the wifi module - its a rectangular metal box. On the wifi module is 3 cables. Find the widest cable and leave that plugged in and take the other end and plug it into the CAM port on the main board (unplug the existing cable that is in the CAM port). This will power the module and give you telemetry and radar, enough for data for flying. This works with android.

Page 17, half of Pitchers8811 comment with pics will assist you. It's best you read the entire thread as it has bread crumbs to do the H33D Gopro hack.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815

Reactions: dlpinokc
For some reason it keeps saying phantom connection lost and the only thing I see is the battery level of the Wi-Fi range extender on the pilot app, no other telemetry data is shown. I tried two different controllers with two different Wi-Fi range extender's to bind to the phantom and still nothing.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442714397.821390.jpg

Use android. DJI Vision app for with the re-route cable mode will not work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl