Flying speed??

Reaction score
Does the DJI pilot app report flying speed? I feel like this should be very simple to do. I see at the bottom it shows V.S. and H.S. but the H.S. is truncated making it even more useless.

While I'm on the topic of speed, anyone else having this issue? Any horizontal speed starting with a 2 or a 3 clips it so it looks like this "H.S. 2...." Any way to fix this? Or better yet, change it MPH?

~k

In your app setting you can select it to display in MPH, along with feet for the distances.
In settings under Other, at the top just select Imperial for Units of Measurement.

I have no issues with truncated speed readings.

Are you using a really small phone for your screen?? I've not had this issue, but I'm using a tablet. Make sure you're on imperial settings.

Imperial vs Metric in the app. Mine do not truncate either.

I'm using a 10" Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. Literally the largest possible display that will fit in the clamp.. There is an update, let me try that and see if they fixed this. I"ll take a look this evening for the feet setting.

Thanks,
~K

Still happening even with the update. I uploaded a screenshot of the issue... see the H.S.? It's getting truncated. Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20150512_185821.jpg
    20150512_185821.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
That's bizarre. Uninstall the app and reinstall the one from the link above. It doesn't even look like mine does. Also, take a screen shot, not a shot of the screen. (hold the power button + volume down)

Reactions: loganboyd
Nothing strange in terms of font settings. I downloaded the latest from the Google Play Store. When it boots up it says 1.0.10 I belive (tablet is @ home). Is the Google Play Store version not the latest? I just uninstalled and re-installed yesterday.

Nothing strange in terms of font settings. I downloaded the latest from the Google Play Store. When it boots up it says 1.0.10 I belive (tablet is @ home). Is the Google Play Store version not the latest? I just uninstalled and re-installed yesterday.
Didnt you say previously that you updated the app using the link http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download?
Why would you still think the app store was the latest?

Didnt you say previously that you updated the app using the link http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download?
Why would you still think the app store was the latest?

I've never used the link to update. If I gave that impression, I apologize. Thanks for clarifying this. I'll use the link from DJI above to do the update.

Any mention I made about updating I guess I just assumed DJI would have had the most current version in the Play Store. I never would have thought I would need to pull it directly from the vendor rather than Google on an Android device.

...Looking forward to seeing the new version!

Should I also update the firmware on the P3 and controller or does that update just correct iOS compatibility>

Reactions: loganboyd
I've never used the link to update. If I gave that impression, I apologize. Thanks for clarifying this. I'll use the link from DJI above to do the update.

Any mention I made about updating I guess I just assumed DJI would have had the most current version in the Play Store. I never would have thought I would need to pull it directly from the vendor rather than Google on an Android device.

...Looking forward to seeing the new version!

Should I also update the firmware on the P3 and controller or does that update just correct iOS compatibility>
Ok cool. re the firmware, it's up to you. I updated and have not had issues.

Ok so I updated both the Pilot app (1.1.0) as well as the firmware on the quad and controller. I'm still seeing this issue. I flew out past 10,000ft this weekend and it happened to both the range as well as the speed. Any suggestions here? I was hoping the upgrade would address this but apparently not. I know, I know... I should have taken an android screencap... sorry, next time I'll think of it :)

See attached for both distance AND speed being truncated.

Attachments

• 20150517_183940.jpg
    20150517_183940.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 310
do you have some accessibility setting enabled to make fonts larger than they are normally?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic