Flying Rules

Reaction score
Gents

I am about to purchase a Quad Copter for a Hobby and in the forum I see that one person mentioned to follow the rules as any persons actions could effect us all. What are the rules? I know 1 is to stay below 400 FT. What are the others?

Thanks

Respect other people's privacy ( no looking In windows )
No flying above crowds of people
No flying near airports
No flying beyond ( Los ) line of sight
No flying in national parks
No flying for profit ( money )
Don't kill or hurt anyone
Don't fly near car accidents where medical personnel ( helis ) May land!
Ask permission when flying near or on others property!
Simply put, just be RESPECTFUL of others around you!

Have fun, Fly safe!

Agree to all of the above remarks except the flying for profit... it is a real grey area. It can be done since there is no law on the books saying you can't but, you may face harassment from the FAA should they zero in on you, but I digress.

Take a look at this --> http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.pdf

LuvMyTJ said:
Agree to all of the above remarks except the flying for profit... it is a real grey area. It can be done since there is no law on the books saying you can't but, you may face harassment from the FAA should they zero in on you, but I digress.

Take a look at this --> http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.pdf

+1.

I fly for profit. The key is to claim it on your income tax. Until they clear up the grey area, it's all yours. If you are uneasy about it, you could do the ol' "charge for post production and free for the filming" trick.

Basicaly it's common sense.... As for the fly for money bit, I don't have a problem with what others do, but the CAA here expect you to be licenced. So do it for free, then charge for the post film production if you must... I just fly for fun.... Enjoy a rewarding hobby... And don't get to cocky untill you can really fly, as it will cost you money in spare parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj