Flying Phantom 3 A around other Phantom drones

Reaction score
If you are flying your Phantom 3 around two or more other Phantom drones in your general area, say 600 feet away, is it possible that command signals from the RC can (accidentally) take control of your drone?

I've heard this is possible and you are better off flying your bird with no other drones near you. Would appreciate comments on your experiences with this matter.

The only experience I've had is when standing beside my buddy who flys the P2v+, my screen (mini iPad) gets distorted and picks up interference.

Remedy: tell him to move away about 20 feet and issue clears up. Don't know why it does it, but happens everytime.

I've flown with various mixes of P2V+, P3P, I1 etc, sometimes 4 in the air at the same time, and have noticed interference (bad video, lost control) but never stolen control. Basically range seems to be quite reduced when in the presence of other Phantoms. If you move apart it seems to be a lot better but YMMV.

I believe the controller is matched/linked to the quad. If it un-links you have to reconnect/link them back together. (Have to RTFM for the details)
If i stand too close to my buddy then i get some interference on the tablet. Seperation of a few metres between controllers rectifies the onscreen interference.
Does not appear to influence flight control.

If you are flying your Phantom 3 around two or more other Phantom drones in your general area, sa
y 600 feet away, is it possible that command signals from the RC can (accidentally) take control of your drone?

600 feet away ??
DJI designers are cleverer than that - there's no problem flying this close ....
i-fXHGsCQ-L.jpg

i-6WHQdfv-L.jpg

Here's a good explanation of how the 2.4G spread spectrum sytem works.
The chances of one 2.4G transmitter taking control of or interfering with the control of another aircraft is millions to one.
FPV is another story.FPV is set to the one frequency and does not have the frequency hopping ability.So when you fly with others you can get interference from an FPV system opperating on the same or an adjacent frequency.If you plan to fly with other people that use FPV you must learn how to change the channel on your FPV system so you can all use channels far enough apart on the spectrum not to interfere with one anothers signals.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickyb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj