Flying P2V+ without Camera

Reaction score
My gimbal needs a new mounting bracket so I've removed the assembly. I've powered up the quad in house to see the LEDs, everything is fine, full satellite lock of at least 7, steady green flash. It's ready to fly, and without the camera I cannot use the App to see number of satellites, etc...Correct? My Phantom does not show up in my WiFi list.

That's right, you need the 3 devices combo to use the Vision App (WiFi Module, Gimbal+Camera and Range Extender). Won't work without any of them, but if you want telemetry info showing in your app, you can do the wiring tweak. That's what Mako79 once told me:

It's simple. This will void the warranty as you will be splitting the 3 grey cables. Open up the phantom and take off the USB mount. Remove the double sided tape and pull the 3 sets of cable up and split them. Take the widest cable that is still plugged into the WIFI module and re-route that back into the CAM port of the Phantom Main Board. You should now have power. To test, it should now have telemetry.

If you're gonna be without your Gimbal for long time, this would be a nice option.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj