Flying over Will Rogers State Park - WITH HORNETS!!

Reaction score
Hello all,

Here a link to my video flying from the trail behind Will Rogers State Park. Windy as hell today, so sorry for the shake and jello.

http://youtu.be/I6JA366fi2M

I learned something today... the Phantom's sound seems to send Hornets into an absolute frenzy! You will see them in the picture around 7:15 on. At 8:00 - 8:15 you will see a few guys doing a suicide run into my blades. There was a ball of over a hundred of them chasing the Phantom! After I landed (farther down the path for safety) they went back to their normal business, but my blades were covered in the gunk of many a fallen warrior.

Setting for this flight:
HERO3 Black @ 1080 Medium FOV 30fps + 12MP shots every 5 seconds.
Music: 9 minute Trance by Jochen Miller

that's the 2nd time I've heard about hornets (or wasps/bees) aggressively attacking a Phantom!

I'm impressed that you got a good 8 minute flight .. I barely get 6 on mine before I have to land (with a gimbal and FPV tx attached)

fwiw, I'm pretty sure that you can only shoot 8mp stills while shooting 1080 video (12mp is only available with 1440)

Gizmo,

Yep, you are right on the MP size... I was just going by the current still shot setting.

That was the first flight with the Turnigy Nano-tech 2200mah 11.1 3S 25-50c battery (I got 3 of them). I bring them back as soon as I see the first low power indication on the LED... I'm still a bit chicken. :) I got an 11 minute flight before and after that, one with the stock batt and with another Turnigy.

I've got an Arris CM2000 v2 on order and am about to get a set of Fat Sharks soon, so my flight times are only with main drain going to the motors.

What is your FPV setup, if I may ask?

great flight time!

Looking forward to hearing how the Arris CM2000 works for you (and what flight times you get with it) as I'm definitely eying that one myself. but holding out just a bit until I hear what people think about them.

I'm using a Fatshark Attitude ,. 250mw Tx. It's cool, and a trip to fly FPV.

Are you running through the GoPro camera, or are you using a small CCD camera mounted on the Battery door? Also, do you have an OSD running to remind you of the battery?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20