Flying over water

Reaction score
What are your tips for flying over water. I know there are many theories out there just thought I would inquire? Many ppl are intimidated by it so hopefully with some good discussion it can clear up some of the nervousness for others.

Thanks eh......

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are probably a dozen threads already about this. If you do a search you should get lots of information quickly.

Know your equipment, and emergencie operation in and out especially the o crap ones. Preflight well, very well especially batteries.

Let er rip...."..

What are your tips for flying over water?
Just do it. The Phantom was made to fly and it doesn't know or care what's below.
Some of the best flying is over water.
No obstacles, no interference and no worries.
DJI_0886a-XL.jpg

Great! Thanks very much. My apologies for repeating the same thread if posted before. Love hearing your thoughts

This is not the same scenario as a duffer trying to pitch over a pond of water and where it plummets straight into the middle of it each and every time. Nope, relax, take it easy cause this pitch has wings, hang time, & a whole lot of juice to spare.

Yup... 3 miles down and back up along the Ft Lauderdale coast!!!!
bb8fd43e08e4f796610de5aea80d925f.jpg

Reactions: gringorio
Just do it. The Phantom was made to fly and it doesn't know or care what's below.
Some of the best flying is over water.
No obstacles, no interference and no worries.
DJI_0886a-XL.jpg
That shot should be purchased by them, enlarged, framed and in their corporate headquarters lobby.

Reactions: Meta4
I live half a block from beach and 85% of my flights are straight out over the Gulf of Mexico. I like it because there is little to no interference. Just keep winds and waves in mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj