Flying over the Fair...

Reaction score
I have a similar plan when our local summer exhibition starts next week.
I hope to get some video while the fireworks are being presented near midnight each night...

With all the lights and action, it should look a lot like this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Hammer
Many of the videos that are already being presented by Phantom 3 pilots are astounding. So beautiful to watch. I hope mine are as well received.

RedHotPoker

Though it's nice to see all the colored lights, I think it's very irresponsible to be flying over people, as this pilot did. Unfortunately, it's people like this, who are going to ruin this hobby, for those of us who are responsible. :mad:
I love this hobby, I just wish some people would refrain from making videos that could possibly injure, infringe upon or entice people. I liked this video, up to the point where were the drone actually over the crowds. I think this person could have made an equally enjoyable video without possibly endangering people. My advice would be to, go back, edit out the parts where it flew over people (if at least, so newbies don't act in the same manner and so that those who are ultimately going to put a stop to this and use this video, as evidence of the dangers). Just my opinion.
To those thinking of copying this behavior, PLEASE, fly safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Re-read the post hammer.
Not sure I understood who the pilot was at the time I responded, so I edited my comment. Let me add, that when I bought my first quadcopter, I was a newbie and had never flown any RC type aircraft. I literally picked the brain, of the owner of MicroRC in Longwood, Fl. (Steve). I had a sh:confused:tload of questions at that time. The thing I walked away with the most, is that he drilled me about the importance of safety. I just wish others, would've received the same type of information. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hadn't never seen any of this guys stuff till now https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCktUnyyopD5H-GM8I7xAW2Q and hope he's not a member here.
I know we rant about this but talking and really seeing one just free-fall from 250' and hit at your feet gives ya a lot more respect for the rants !
How I flew when I started and think about it now really scares the hell out of me .
Just saying .

Though it's nice to see all the colored lights, I think it's very irresponsible to be flying over people, as this pilot did. Unfortunately, it's people like this, who are going to ruin this hobby, for those of us who are responsible. :mad:
I love this hobby, I just wish some people would refrain from making videos that could possibly injure, infringe upon or entice people. I liked this video, up to the point where were the drone actually over the crowds. I think this person could have made an equally enjoyable video without possibly endangering people. My advice would be to, go back, edit out the parts where it flew over people (if at least, so newbies don't act in the same manner and so that those who are ultimately going to put a stop to this and use this video, as evidence of the dangers). Just my opinion.
To those thinking of copying this behavior, PLEASE, fly safe!

Thanks for the comments and thoughts.
Much more reasonable than what you wrote before your edit.
"Though it's nice to see all the colored lights, I think it's very irresponsible to be flying over people, as you did. Unfortunately, it's people like yourself, who are going to ruin this hobby, for those of us who are responsible. :mad:"

You're mad, at me, or the video artist? Or simply insane...
It wasn't my personal video just an awesome example, and I only plan to film mine from a reasonable distance. Yeah, never above the throngs of social gatherers. So you see, you jumped the gun, before it was time to dash...
Hope your vids are memorable and always done with care and public safety in mind,..

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the comments and thoughts.
Much more reasonable than what you wrote before your edit.
"Though it's nice to see all the colored lights, I think it's very irresponsible to be flying over people, as you did. Unfortunately, it's people like yourself, who are going to ruin this hobby, for those of us who are responsible. :mad:"

You're mad, at me, or the video artist? Or simply insane...
It wasn't my personal video just an awesome example, and I only plan to film mine from a reasonable distance. Yeah, never above the throngs of social gatherers. So you see, you jumped the gun, before it was time to dash...
Hope your vids are memorable and always done with care and public safety in mind,..

RedHotPoker

I misunderstood your post until it was brought to my attention. I thought I made myself clear. As far as being mad, absolutely not. You'd know it :D. Half asleep at the time o_O, perhaps.

I replied while wide awake. Just like when I fly my Phantom 3.
You signed Mad in the first iteration of your reply, remember?

Been doing this for awhile now, couple years anyway. Have a few models that taught me the basics, & gave me my lessons. Now I Only fly for fun.

RedHotPoker

Shoodent? You coining new words? ;-)
You shouldn't do that... Hahaha

We could all strive to be the very best pilots, of our experience. Some are slower learners than others.
Flying safe and away from others, is always best. Accidents do happen, so always better to apply preventive medicine, than stitches and bandages...
I Plan to be well back while flying, from any innocent pedestrians...

RedHotPoker

Here's a lil tale that happened to me once. I had just bought my Phantom and was out in the front yard, just hovering around, low to the ground, not getting crazy, just getting the feel of it, but mainly because I have a lot of trees. well after a few minutes, my neighbor walks up with his 11 year old daughter and they started asking all kinds of questions. I was telling them about it and showing them how it literally flies all by itself. His daughter says "I want one of those Daddy", then I attempted to show them, that if you just push it out of the way, the gps will bring it back and steady it. Well, I went to go do it a second time without paying enough attention (I must've been half asleep again) o_O and the props hit the back of my hand and sliced it up pretty good. Blood started spewing out and all down my arm. The little girl looks t her dad and says "Daddy, I don't want one of those no more".

Popcorn, hot peanuts, candy floss!!

Where did that bit come from?
Did you have the awesome looking new carbon fiber blades on?

Talking about flying a couple blocks away from a fair...

Now we have maim and mayhem... Ahaha

Thankfully (?) it happened to you and not her...
Which was Where I mistakenly thought this was Heading. ;-)
See how easily we misinterpret others meaning?

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31