Flying over lake with fc40

Reaction score
I've tried to fly over this lake several times but always seemed to miss the other side because my camera feed would cut out and I couldn't tell if I made it or not, but this time I finally made it and even flew over the other little landing area and everything! Also got some low shots of the lilypads and tried to do a quick tour of one of the trails they have but my battery started to die on me so I had to turn back and land. The camera was tilted up more than usual for better angles across the lake so I got a lot of glare from the sun from time to time, but other than that, I think everything worked out pretty good. This video is just raw footage of the fc40, all stock, and in gps mode with that wonderful youtube music to keep from getting a copyright violation. hope you enjoy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1eo-6U_VyI[/youtube]

also looking for more interesting things to shoot, so if you know of any good spots in northwest tennessee, I'd love to try to check it out. So far, I plan on getting the paris tn, eiffel tower, paris landing, and realfoot lake.

looks awesome. I know the fc40 doesn't compare to the kind of video the P2V+ produces. But I'm seriously considering purchasing two of these instead of a P2V... I could fly at the same time as my son, for the same price... (or close to the same price)... how have you found stock battery life? have you tried any after market batteries to boost fly time?

mikey said:
looks awesome. I know the fc40 doesn't compare to the kind of video the P2V+ produces. But I'm seriously considering purchasing two of these instead of a P2V... I could fly at the same time as my son, for the same price... (or close to the same price)... how have you found stock battery life? have you tried any after market batteries to boost fly time?

well, with the stock battery I'm getting right around 10m or a little longer of flight time, and that's with me flying in gps mode and flying hard. and sometimes close to 12m when I take it easy and switch to atti mode. I haven't tried any other batteries yet, but I do plan on trying buying about 2-3 spares soon and I'll test them out for a while and post my results.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl