Flying over high rise buildings in urban areas

Reaction score
Here's one of my favorite videos of someone flying their Phantom in New York city.

https://vimeo.com/79347902

Wouldn't there be tons of RF interference flying over high rise buildings in a dense area like this? There must be tons of cel towers on those buildings. Or is he just getting lucky?

It's possible he avoids interference by staying close to his multi-rotor. I noticed the clips he uses doesn't actually show him flying any real distance. They are short, albeit beautiful, clips put together. He could actually be standing on top of each of the buildings near his flying machine.

dkr77573 said:
It's possible he avoids interference by staying close to his multi-rotor. I noticed the clips he uses doesn't actually show him flying any real distance. They are short, albeit beautiful, clips put together. He could actually be standing on top of each of the buildings near his flying machine.

True, but I imagine the power of the cel towers would be enough to really cause havoc regardless of how close he was to his craft. But that's just my uneducated guess :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub