Flying over Green Water coming out of Rideau Falls in the winter

Reaction score
On a freak'n cold Canadian winter morning at 7am, I flew my Phantom 3 over the Rideau Falls & froze my fingers (even with gloves on). The Rideau Falls flow into the Ottawa River which borders the province of Ontario on one side and the province of Quebec on the other. Everything is pretty much frozen at the time of year this video was shot.

Due to the sediment in the water being more visible in the winter, the water turns a very green color.

My Phantom took a hit when I flew close to the falls and one of the flexible rubber mounts in the gimbal came loose (you can spot an occasional jiggle in the video).

Never seen green waterfalls before which leads me to believe your white balance on either off on the camera or you simply didn't bother to color correct in post.

Oh, it's green alright but less so in the summer. With the white snow & ice everywhere they appear even more green.

Here is a photo I pulled off the web showing what they look like in summer... they are green. It's a bit more dramatic in the winter as the water is flowing quickly below the ice in the darkness and the sediment, due to the ice, is being drawn up and out.

RIDEAU FALLS.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik