Flying over 15 minutes caused my Phantom 2 to ,,auto land" ?

Reaction score
So here is the deal.

I was flying my Phantom 2 with H3-2D Gimbal, GoPro Hero 3+ AVL58 +Prop Guards for over 15 minutes (I have a 2 videos from that flight of 3:03 and 12:21). Fully charged. I bought it one week ago.

I was shooting at 2.7K 30FPS RAW PROTUNE ON.

And at the end of my second video my phantom was at ~ 10 meters high and ~20 meters away from me and suddenly It started descending and also doing some moves side to side. I was trying to pull him up but I only could slower that descending. Then it landed on a grass and then flipped on the side. After that one of the props (black one) just took off in the air few meters from the Phantom.

I stopped the engines and then I tested if everyting is ok for 1 minute of flying 1 meter over the groung. It was all okay, no damage and still flying.

Battery was 1/4.

So could that be the matter of flight time over 15 minutes?

I charged my battery to 100% and I was flying after that for 10 minutes and shooting and everytignh went smoot but I still have a very bad mamory of that accident (Imagine what would happen If I was filming over the water...).

Re: Flying over 15 minutes caused my Phantom 2 to ,,auto lan

Do you not think its because the prop was loose? You said it fell off

Sent from my S4

gordhunt said:
Do you not think its because the prop was loose? You said it fell off

Sent from my S4

That is one of possiblities but I think prop fell off when it was lying on the side in grass. One of the props was blocked by the grass and maybe this caused it to detatch.

You are lucky, new P2V 2nd flight in 3/4 battery left it came down( auto land) ,landed in 3' of water. All that money gone. went by the book on preflight items.

Your prop came off because you hit the ground with it. Please read the manual about the battery and warnings carefully. Unless there is a fault with your battery, you should have landed by the time the "autoland" kicked in as you will have had two warnings before that. And note that the third warning is really just a bias setting on the throttle and you can counter it with full throttle up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl