Flying off a cruise ship and in the Caribbean

Reaction score
First vacation since a nasty divorce in 2008. I'm going on a cruise out of Miami to St. Lucia, Nassau and I think San Jose.

Does anyone have any experience in these areas, and can I fly my P2 off the ship in the early morning or something?

We've been snow bound at -20 for so long, I would really like some air time, and a chance to capture my vacation destinations from the air.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

:D
That does sound like fun!

Unfortunately, the check in will confiscate your bird and only give it to you for shore use.

I cannot wait to do that. It is probably a good idea for you to activate IOC and set a home lock. It would also be good to toggle your S2 stick every once and a while and reset your home point. Just bring the Phantom above you and activate home point. One of these days I will take mind on my bros sailboat.

Fplvert said:
:D
That does sound like fun!

Unfortunately, the check in will confiscate your bird and only give it to you for shore use.
Yes, just got back from a cruise on Princess lines. They will confiscate it when you board and return it to you, at each port of call, with instructions to keep it away from the ship and port.

So, I guess it's just not worth it. Some of the shore visits are short(8 hours) I don't want to spend a bunch of time setting up, flying, taking it down, then back to the ship then try and get some activity done..

Nope, I guess it will just stay home this trip

CameraGuy said:
So, I guess it's just not worth it. Some of the shore visits are short(8 hours) I don't want to spend a bunch of time setting up, flying, taking it down, then back to the ship then try and get some activity done..

Nope, I guess it will just stay home this trip
Exactly right. I considered bringing mine. But did not. Now the trip is over, I realize it would have been too much and I would not have been able to enjoy the short times we had in port.

You will never be allowed to fly it onboard and if you do expect to be haveing some long talk with their security personel.

I did a 21 nights Back 2 Back cruise in jan/feb and I didn´t fly as much as I expected. St Lucia have a landingstrip very close to the port so I didn´t fly at all there. I Did fly in St Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, Grenada, Barbados, Aruba, Bonaire.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj