flying near hospital

Reaction score
I live about 2 miles from a hospital that has a heliport. Do I have to contact them before I fly? Is it a FAA regulation or is it just a courtesy?

i fly within a quarter mile of a hospital with a helepad I just land whenever i hear if any low fly helo weither its medivac,police or news channel. No problem

I live about 2 miles from a hospital that has a heliport. Do I have to contact them before I fly? Is it a FAA regulation or is it just a courtesy?
Talk to them and find out what they say. I'm not authority on judgement but 2 miles should be far away from an helipad and safe to fly. Also check b4ufly app if your area comes in NFZ.

Also limit to 400' height and never fly towards hospital. Let no one point a finger on you that you are crossing your flying limits.

Call the hospital. Ask to speak to the person in charge of air arrivals. Tell them your location, start and end time. Tell them you will cease operations at first sight of any incoming traffic. Leave your number. They should be fine.

P.S. Please post in the correct areas. IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4