Flying mid-day, sun mitigation?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I went out and did some filming earlier today about 1pm while the sun was bright and high in the sky. I had a sun shade on my galaxy note5, brightness turned up 100%, but I couldn't see squat! I usually fly near sunrise or sunset, so this is the first time I've actually experienced practically no visibilty on my phone.

What do you guys and gals do to mitigate the sunlight so you can see what you're recording during those bright, sunny days? Any tips or techniques would greatly help!

I have learned to always fly from under a nice shade tree. The Phantom can be 100' feet away on launch. That's fine. As long as I'm in the shade and my flight path is in front of me.

I usually fly in the shade to avoid this issue. Some tablets work better than others in direct sunlight, but none are really easy to see.

If you decide to venture into the world of FPV goggles, check out the Fat Shark Dominator V3 and HeadPlay HD goggles. I own both and they work well with the P3P.

Thanks for the responses. I've got a sun shade on my phone, but it did almost no good yesterday. Unfortunately I had no trees or any real shade around other than going completely indoors, so I may have to get a pop-up canopy or something for the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20