FLYING INDOORS

Reaction score
After I get more proficient at flying I will on occasion be flying The PHANTOM 3 indoors inside a large factory building with 25-30 ceilings and 50 foot wide bays over Equipment & Machines (For Photography Purposes)that are being produced by this company ! I have flown in this place once but had trouble getting a compass calibration lock for any length of time because of all the metal ,My question is how do I set up the app and what setting would I use on the Controller to allow me to fly completely manual ? I'm still learning and not totally up on all these different setting but I'm learning , I've got a few months before I attempt the PHOTO & VIDEO shoot for a Trade show Video but I'm hoping to get some overhead shots that can be used in the Video while the equipment is running and manufacturing its products, Any advice as to how I can fly this thing without having to worry about all the warnings that happen when you don't have Compass Lock & GPS I just need to fly it Manually ....
Thanks Denny M.

QUOTE="Denny M., post: 646700, member: 50712"]After I get more proficient at flying I will on occasion be flying The PHANTOM 3 indoors inside a large factory building with 25-30 ceilings and 50 foot wide bays over Equipment & Machines (For Photography Purposes)that are being produced by this company ! I have flown in this place once but had trouble getting a compass calibration lock for any length of time because of all the metal ,My question is how do I set up the app and what setting would I use on the Controller to allow me to fly completely manual ? I'm still learning and not totally up on all these different setting but I'm learning , I've got a few months before I attempt the PHOTO & VIDEO shoot for a Trade show Video but I'm hoping to get some overhead shots that can be used in the Video while the equipment is running and manufacturing its products, Any advice as to how I can fly this thing without having to worry about all the warnings that happen when you don't have Compass Lock & GPS I just need to fly it Manually ....
Thanks Denny M.[/QUOTE]

Denny I am new to this also but have done a ton of research prior to getting my P3A and since getting it. My understanding for indoor flying is first of all DO NOT calibrate your bird when indoors. You are flying without gps and handling it manually. Your not going to be flying overhead of people during the trade show are you - or did I just misunderstand your post regarding the trade show? About all I can offer you at this stage of my own learning curve - happy and safe flying.

Nice photo of you with Lord Stanley's cup! Love it!

If you learn to fly in ATTI mode, you wouldn't need to worry about the other stuff, just switch it and fly...

RedHotPoker

Hi thanks for responding, NO I will not be flying at the trade show, I will be flying at the warehouse or factory where the equipment is manufactured. I will just be making a Video For a trade show that will be shown at the manufactures both on a TV monitor, I may have misled you in regards to the making of the video. I will just be flying at the Company on weekends when nobody is there. Just me and 2 others running the equipment
I just need to know what mode to accomplish manual flying.

Yes, ATTI, is where you want to be...

RedHotPoker

any Videos out the on using the ATTI Mode,
Thanks everyone for you quick responses
PS Picture of Cup was 2 days after the Hawks won the cup this year, My Grandson plays with Michal Rozsival"s Son on a team here in Chicago area

Yes, Please RTFM!!
If you had only Read The Flight Manual. This stuff would be familiar to you already.
Having a greater understanding of your drone, before initial takeoff seems like it should be mandatory... But so many guys think it's a waste of time. Don't bother to read the PDF documentary and fail to realize a great first Phantom flight experience.
About 1/4 of everything you eat, feeds the brain. Perhaps 1/4 of what you read should do the same. Test this philosophy, for yourself.
RTFM and see what you can comprehend. They're there, available in several popular languages. Just click the button.
Those same manuals are also within the Go App, so you always have it handy.
R E A D.

RedHotPoker

I use P-Mode with VPS enabled. My indoor flights were in a very small confined setting and the bird was very stable.

There are numerous instructional videos.

RedHotPoker

Yes, Please RTFM!!
If you had only Read The Flight Manual. This stuff would be familiar to you already.
Having a greater understanding of your drone, before initial takeoff seems like it should be mandatory... But so many guys think it's a waste of time. Don't bother to read the PDF documentary and fail to realize a great first Phantom flight experience.
About 1/4 of everything you eat, feeds the brain. Perhaps 1/4 of what you read should do the same. Test this philosophy, for yourself.
RTFM and see what you can comprehend. They're there, available in several popular languages. Just click the button.
R E A D.

RedHotPoker
Awesome advice. I now have my P3P for a month and I have read the manual like 10 times. We sometimes think that we know everything, but once you are in the air and as a noobie you get the jitters you forget it. So it's always good to read it and read it and it will become second nature.

Yes, Please RTFM!!
R E A D.

RedHotPoker
You are 101 % correct about RTFM I'm reading as I go along and learning I think I'm trying to get to many things done at once I'm like a kid in a candy store, I will read read read again and again and I'm sure things will sink in and start to come together, Once again I thank everyone for there input...

I am waiting for the thread that asks,
How do I land the thing? Hahaha
Or should I just let it hover until the battery goes dead! ;-)

Yes, please hover high over a lake or above a tall spruce tree.

Not!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Indoor Flight Tests - | PV2 | PV2+v3 | P3 PRO | Bebop 1 | Bebop 2 |

The Parrot VPS is much better than DJI and ultimately safer for indoor flight.

Awesome advice. I now have my P3P for a month and I have read the manual like 10 times. We sometimes think that we know everything, but once you are in the air and as a noobie you get the jitters you forget it. So it's always good to read it and read it and it will become second nature.
That is good, very good, it will save you trouble down the runway...
Too bad others wouldn't play the cards, and follow suit. ;-)
image.gif

Knowledge, is the key, unlocking all of life's mysteries & fun, Sir.

RedHotPoker

Yes, Parrot with their AR Drone 2.0 had been installing these VPS modules, some time before @dji were using it, weren't they?

RedHotPoker

I don't recommend anyone learn to fly a P3 indoors. Wasn't really meant for that. It's limited.

I guess if you are inexperienced, only planning to fly indoors, get a Parrot, but the P3 is so much more.....

SD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20