Flying indoors help with VPS?

Reaction score
I have always been hesitant to fly my bird inside. Could somebody give me some ideas about things I need to be attentive to watch for? I don't quite understand how the VPS would perform flying over carpet or hardwood or tile? Something about patterns comes into play...that doesn't make sense to me. Can I fly over carpet that does not have a pattern? Or does it have to have a pattern? Thanks guys

Can I fly over carpet that does not have a pattern?
Yes. However, if you're closer than ~30 feet to the floor, your Phantom might not hover in place well. VPS works best when there is some kind of pattern/differences on the floor.

I've flown the P3 and P4 in my living room over hardwood flooring and over a glass table. Very stable, the both of them.

Yeah, I have a large living room, with tall 17' ceilings and just make sure you understand its noisy inside, and concentrate, you'll be fine. Something you can do, I've messed around a little with this so it does help. My carpet like most had no patterns, but when I've flown over a heavy object left on the floor, it helps, like a dog dish or something that doesn't flip in the wind, the craft seems to like it a little better to have some object to reference. There's videos of guys having rugs that are all different contrasting images, and when the guy slowly pulls the rug, the dang P4 followed it. I sometimes even, mostly actually, I can get a GPS lock indoors, that's your best bet, to have a lock your first time so you know what to expect

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1