Flying in Toronto

jamiemink-
Where do you fly in & around Toronto? I'm about 30 minutes North of T.O. lots of great farm country to fly & a couple of provincial parks all within 40 minutes.

Not saying your wrong, but, I;ve never had any issues flying along the shore line, from Oakville to Darlington, Scarborough bluffs.
But, haven't flown in T.O. for last couple of months I tend to stay up here, North of Toronto, so many open area's.
Also, some quite large provincial parks that I fly.
One of which, I helped out getting some arieal footage, quite a large area of trees that were almost impossible to reach on foot.

Reactions: jamiemink
As you said royster, many great areas north of the city.
But quadcopterpilot is correct. It's just you ( and many others) have not been caught.
I have a standing SFOC and can legally fly in the city but the risk management and associated work is high.
Best to fly in the areas you mentioned for recreational flights.

Reactions: jamiemink
jamiemink-
Where do you fly in & around Toronto? I'm about 30 minutes North of T.O. lots of great farm country to fly & a couple of provincial parks all within 40 minutes.

I don't fly in Toronto, I am just visiting the downtown area for 4 days having arrived by train. Was just curious what the rules were for areas say near the waterfront, definitely not in the city center. I ended up leaving the drone at home, perhaps next time. Thanks for the info on the surrounding area!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic