flying in the rain

Reaction score
Just curious, Has anyone gotten caught in a rain shower? Here in St. Martin, we have occasional quick rain showers with little notice and the rain cloud may be far from where the rain is coming down. Sun can be out but it could be raining. I'm sure that would cause damage. Lighting too. I be it would not be good to get struct by lightning! Me or the drone.

Don't you have a weather radar over there ?
Something like THIS ?

In the Caribbean, rain showers often pop up out of nowhere with very little advanced notice.

I have once. My Phantom survived the wind, rain, & thunder, but it isn't something I would recommend.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUUu7x8GsIo[/youtube]

ToThePoint said:
Don't you have a weather radar over there ?
Something like THIS ?

Not really. The air port has it but on my side of the island it's a totally different story.

I love St. Martin. From your spelling I assume you are on the French side. Been going there for almost 15 years. We always stay at L' Hoste on orient. Man what a great place to live!

Richard Sprouse

sprouseod said:
I love St. Martin. From your spelling I assume you are on the French side. Been going there for almost 15 years. We always stay at L' Hoste on orient. Man what a great place to live!

Richard Sprouse

Well I live in Oyster Pond, right on the border. It is pretty nice. I'm working on videos but after losing my first Phantom V2+ to the ocean, I'm staying over land until I fully master this stuff. I run a charter boat snorkeling trip and want to get great video of my boats, snorkelers beaches and turtles.

Man that's awesome. I know exactly where oyster bay is. Beautiful area. Have ever been Cairabs in Grand Case?

bcass1 said:
Well I live in Oyster Pond, right on the border. It is pretty nice. I'm working on videos but after losing my first Phantom V2+ to the ocean, I'm staying over land until I fully master this stuff. I run a charter boat snorkeling trip and want to get great video of my boats, snorkelers beaches and turtles.
Small world. Love Maho and this wonderful french restaurant there. I have close family on Saba.

I tuned in on the national geographic channel ?

I got caught in a rain shower yesterday. Was filming a cove in beautiful blue sunshine and then felt a few spots on my neck, turned around to see the darkest black cloud.

Pulled back and landed before it really started hammering it down. No problems though.

sprouseod said:
Man that's awesome. I know exactly where oyster bay is. Beautiful area. Have ever been Cairabs in Grand Case?
Bistro Caribes? I'm good friends with Tibault and Amury. Its a small Island

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20