flying in the mountains with Litchi - relative altitude issues

Reaction score
Website
www.stevenmichelsen.com
I just created a Litchi mission that takes my P3A up and down the side of a mountain. I used google earth to create the mission in such a way that the altitude above the ground is constant. This is thanks to this video I came across...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway, I am quite excited about giving this a try, HOWEVER once I got the mission over to my mobile device, I note that the max altitude on any waypoint is only 400 feet. Now seeing as I am going up a mountain the altitude relative to my starting point is much higher than that, even though I will keep a constant 200 feet AGL. How can I tweak the app to allow higher altitudes? For some reason in the SETTINGS -> AIRCRAFT menu I cannot enter a "maximum altitude".

What to do? I have Litchi v 3.5.0.

Thanks!
Steve

Here's the google earth view of the mission.

flying_up_the_mountain.jpg

Yes, you have to go into the settings of the DJI Go app and increase your maximum altitude. It'll show you a warning that basically says "you're on your own now" but trudge on. After that's done, close the DJI Go app and open Litchi. Make sure you're connected to your Phantom while making the changes.

Also, go into the litchi app on your device and click the settings icon in top right corner. You can adjust minimum/maximum selectable altitudes there as well. I always do the settings in both Dji and litchi because Dji app settings can override the litchi ones.

Have you selected max altitude as 400'? Change it to higher and adjust at each way point relative to the starting point.

Have you tried fpv camera it calculates heights for you no need for Google. I live in a hilly part of the world and use mission planner all the time and it works well. I gave up on litchi

Using Google earth really gives you a confidence, I like to use it.

If you are using Mission Hub and plot waypoints, you can see ground elevation at each point. That info is very useful in planning your mission. You can also view elevation contours at the time of planning and plan out your best routes. So much to learn ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan