Flying in the fog

Didn't it come back down wet? I know mine had a little moisture when I did that. I told myself, never again.

FangsCPO said:
Didn't it come back down wet? I know mine had a little moisture when I did that. I told myself, never again.

I've flown in fog, with similar results. Lots of condensation. I don't think the water had any negative effects, but during the flight, the fog suddenly closed in, and I lost sight of the Phantom. I knew ABOUT where it was, and decided to try to land where it was. It ended up clipping a pole, and crashing in a driveway. Broke a prop and threw a retainer. I learned my lesson, and won't do that again.

I took mine up through the fog twice. Went all the way above the fog/cloud layer. The first time was a fail. It took forever to get through it and it was a pretty wet fog. The lens was really blurry so I had to bring it back. The second time was prime and got a great video out of it.

FangsCPO said:

There was a little moisture on it, not too bad. Almost as if the blades were drying it off as it flew. I wasnt up too long. I guess a little risky but I love the shots.

Anyone see the drone footage on CNN today? Somebody went flying the snowstorm out east and sent the footage to CNN. Ballsy... Stupid, but ballsy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20