Flying in Tandem

Reaction score
I have had a crazy idea about flying two Phantoms at the same time. Crazy in the fact that only one controller would be used. I own several Phantoms and in particular, two Phantom 2's. Last night I finally got both of the Phantoms bound to the single controller. When I brought the joysticks down and in, both of the Phantoms motors turned on with no problem. Since I was in the house, had removed the props, so now just need to go outside and see how they respond.

Biggest concern has been the weight of each and trying to get them to weigh approximately the same. My second P2 was just a basic stripped model but my first one has the GoPro gimble and so that means I will remove the gimble just o be on the safe side in case I crash and burn.

Regardless, it should be fun flying the two Phantoms at the same time if it can be done. Will post back later once I give it a try.

Years ago I saw a video of three Phantoms flying with one transmitter so it can be done.
Start them with plenty of space between them to avoid collision if one is faster than the other.
Depending on how you maneuver them they will probably collide eventually anyway.
Make sure you video record the flight so we can all see what happens,good luck.

Have not gotten out to fly the two P2's at the same time but maybe tomorrow I can get''r done. Just have to wait and see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20