Flying in remote countries?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm about a month I will be far in the rainforest in Costa Rica for my 5th time. This year I have decided to bring a drone to get some over forest footage. I will not have cell signal or gps signal and will likely be in airplane mode.

My question is does this mean I will not be able to fly in p mode. That I will only be able to use Atti mode since I am unable to download a map?

Thank you

Curious. How can you not have a GPS signal ? You will be above the trees.
You might want to bring along a spare.:D

GPS means Global Positioning System, so you will have GPS in Costa Rica. You didn't say what model Phantom you are flying, but if you have the GO app already on your iOS or Android device, you won't need a cell signal.

That's what I'm asking will the gps signal still work even when I have no service or phone signal. I am just using the wifi connection between my phone and the drone.

GPS means Global Positioning System, so you will have GPS in Costa Rica. You didn't say what model Phantom you are flying, but if you have the GO app already on your iOS or Android device, you won't need a cell signal.
I have the go app. I just tried it in my house with everything off. I'll try it again to see if it works now after an update. I also put standard in the title.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1