Flying in No-Fly Zone

Reaction score
Need a little help. Is there any way to turn the no fly zone off on my Phantom 3. I Live right at the edge of the 5 mile no fly zone. I contacted my local airport per FAA regs and then went to fly, but it won't let me take off. Not sure if there is a setting that I can turn off. I looked all over and either missing it or not that bright.

By the way this is one of the coolest things I have ever received. I have 6 flights under my belt and still can't believe how cool it is. Also any recommends for video editing for the IPad. Thanks for any comments and fly on!
59a7054b25b0f7ee6c4789e7f7ca7f82.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi there, there have been other threads that discuss ways that you can fly in a no-fly zone. I won't repeat those methods here.
DJI is starting to roll out their system to allow flying in a no-fly zone. GEO Systems (Geospatial Environment Online)
It's in Beta now, and you need to have a verified DJI account and at least a DJI Phantom 3 or better to use it.
From what I understand, you login, type in your Serial number and you get your P3 unclocked for 3 days to fly in the selected zone.

-Good Luck
link to the GEO info page from DJI

PS cool picture by the way!

Thank you very much! Still learning the camera part as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4