Flying in NH state park?

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Anyone know if flying in NH state parks is alright? I tried searching on the web but really only found mention of national parks. Hoping to find out before Saturday (1-14-2017). Going to be going up there and was thinking of taking the drone with me.

You may fly a drone over a national park but you cannot take off, land or stand on park grounds while operating it. Also, do not disturb any wild life or people of course. Just launch off park grounds fly over as you will and land off park grounds.

Here's a link of the rules to show any authority who may not know them and wants to hassle you

To:

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
You may fly a drone over a national park but you cannot take off, land or stand on park grounds while operating it. Also, do not disturb any wild life or people of course. Just launch off park grounds fly over as you will and land off park grounds.

Here's a link of the rules to show any authority who may not know them and wants to hassle you

To:

I listened to some FAA safety guy online about taking off outside a N.P. He said where they get you is not that you crossed into the N.P. from outside which is legal, but that the operator was likely beyond the visible sight range rule. Maybe 1,000 feet and they'll bust you on that one instead of taking off within the park itself.

well the good news is that I am really only hoping to go about 250-300 feet, there are NO airports within 5 miles, I will retain visible sight at all times. However this is a STATE park I will be in so I am thinking to just call the NH division of parks and rec to get their take first

UPDATE: Called NH Parks and Rec. Was told they are still looking into the matter and that it is supposedly not allowed...? Not sure if this is an official stance or just who I talked to but it's something.

There really is NOTHING about flying in NH state parks online. You can get an app like B4UFly or AirMap. They'll tell you if there are any flight restrictions in the area you plan to fly in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues