Flying in Mountain and forest areas

Reaction score
Can anyone that has any experience flying in mountain and forest areas, give me any advice? Been wondering if there will be issues and problems doing this?

Can anyone that has any experience flying in mountain and forest areas, give me any advice? Been wondering if there will be issues and problems doing this?
I fly in forest areas a lot bro...what ya want to know ?

would like to know more about signals..Do you lose anything in the mountain and trees?..I WOULD WANT TO KEEP A EYE ON IT SO WOULD NOT LOSE SIGHT BUT? SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THE TREES DEGRADEING MY SIGNAL? SHOULD I KEEP IT CLOSER THAN I NORMAL? o_O by the way thanks for your responce!!!

would like to know more about signals..Do you lose anything in the mountain and trees?..I WOULD WANT TO KEEP A EYE ON IT SO WOULD NOT LOSE SIGHT BUT? SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THE TREES DEGRADEING MY SIGNAL? SHOULD I KEEP IT CLOSER THAN I NORMAL? o_O by the way thanks for your responce!!!
Caps key on bro :eek:
I have read in here where some say flying around pine trees causes some issues but that's what I have the most of here and never had any issues what so ever . I am above them but just saying . You do know I am sure your TX and bird have to see each other at all times or it's gonna hit RTH . I fly out as much as 8500' over forest and is BLOS for me but high enough for it to be in LOS of the TX .
I also have my RTH height set to 250' just to make sure one of them trees don't jump up and get me .
A tracker is a must in MO as I have went down and took me 3 days to find it but when it went down a limb knocked the case open and the battery came out of the tracker ! :D MIA
I have never had any issue with the tree's degrading my signal kobra . I would just wet my feet so to speak where ya gonna fly and go from there .
Some might says it does but has never me and I fly a lot . Hope that gave ya some of what you wanted bro :)

Well just wanted to talk to someone that has been flying around mountains and tall pines..I have to take some shots of some property for a friend and thought about it and wanted to ask about this kind of flying,,,.Ill be careful and in crease my RTH thanks for your help man :cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Well just wanted to talk to someone that has been flying around mountains and tall pines..I have to take some shots of some property for a friend and thought about it and wanted to ask about this kind of flying,,,.Ill be careful and in crease my RTH thanks for your help man :cool:
As long as you on a hill or whatever and above them you wont have any issue buddy ! I do check my HL the first thing after I get up just to be sure it knows where to come just in case :eek:

so your saying i need to be over looking the bird? what if im in a open area where i can see the bird, and i fly over trees ...not a good idea your saying?

so your saying i need to be over looking the bird? what if im in a open area where i can see the bird, and i fly over trees ...not a good idea your saying?
No not higher than it but just keep the TX and RX in sight of each other . Something gets between that and RTH kicks in . I guess I said it wrong bro !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost