Flying in light rain!

Reaction score
Just wondering, with all the bad weather we're having down here in Miami, I wanted to take my bird up to take some pics of the cloud formations. I know you can't fly in hard rain but what about a drizzle?

A light rain started during a flight this spring and I brought the bird down right away. I spent quite a bit of time wiping the fuselage and camera down. It got soaked really quickly.

Yeah, don't do it.

Reactions: BenjaminD
Apart from the effect of water on electronics (which can cause the loss of your Phantom as I found out a long time ago), a couple of drops on the camera filter makes your images unusable anyway.

The pcbs are coated so rain water unlikely to cause a catastrophic failure (it's certainly not recommended though). The biggest issue is as M4 has said- one drop of water on the lens and your pics/vids are largely useless.

So this might be the right thread for this but we offer a new product for the Phantom series that allows you to fly in the rain.

We are not talking about drizzles we are talking flying in the mayhem.

We took this last night , having a bit to much fun but it delivered like a champ and no rice needed.

We just had are a news channel in florida buy out most of are stock today as they are hoping to be able to use it for the hurricane footage minus the wind .

They have no problem with the rain drops as that is part of the visual effect and the camera see right through it more than you might think.

If you interested check out phantomrain.org

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav