Flying in Dubai

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just want to know if there are any restrictions or rules against flying my P3P in and around Dubai.

There are so many beautiful places to fly and make beautiful videos.

I hope it is allowed as I will be there for 4 days next month this time.

Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Alfred

I lived in Qatar for 5 years, and I expect the rules will be the same. If you can get it through customs you probably won't have problem using it. But, not sure how easy it will be for you to do that. All luggage you bring in will be x-rayed and hand searched if it looks interesting. Not sure if you will be able to bring it in and avoid an hand search.

In Qatar, I build an RC helicopter from a kit. I had to have an extra governmental approval to get the kit and engines through customers - took 2 weeks.

I lived in Qatar for 5 years, and I expect the rules will be the same. If you can get it through customs you probably won't have problem using it. But, not sure how easy it will be for you to do that. All luggage you bring in will be x-rayed and hand searched if it looks interesting. Not sure if you will be able to bring it in and avoid an hand search.

In Qatar, I build an RC helicopter from a kit. I had to have an extra governmental approval to get the kit and engines through customers - took 2 weeks.

Hi, I live in Qatar, too :) I have a p3p. As far as I know it's not allowed to use anything flying with camera. So bored about it. I'll be happy to meeting you someday just for fun.

Hi, I live in Qatar, too :) I have a p3p. As far as I know it's not allowed to use anything flying with camera. So bored about it. I'll be happy to meeting you someday just for fun.

i have new p3p... blocked by customs.... they said camera attached not allowed.... so solution is get out of Qatar, removed the camera/Gimbal then come back... no issue. as of now i'm applying for RC membership to be able to fly.. not sure when i can use my p3p.. if you can fly it without camera then ur okay, but that's boring. Just keep waiting until they have implement the draft laws.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik