Flying in a dense city area

Reaction score
Hi,

We need to film a particular building in the centre of Ghent. There's many buildings and churches close to it.
So i'm wondering if there's extra precautions we can take? Not fly on GPS?

is ATTI mode safe for interference from buildings/wifi/ ..?

Thank you!

Ghent is in Belgium.
Firstly the usual warning about flying near buildings and people. If you have any doubts about your flight abilities and who the phantom will hit if you crash, don't do it.
You are probably better off with gps mode which will compensate for wind speed. If you plan to get close to the building you risk losing satellites, that being the case the phantom will drop into atti anyway.

Thank you for the replies! Since it's a dense area, i'm planning on using the GPS but going very high!

is going high good against building interference?
Thanks!

adelaar said:
Thank you for the replies! Since it's a dense area, i'm planning on using the GPS but going very high!

is going high good against building interference?
Thanks!

Cities are tricky man.... there could be radio or cellular equipment on top of buildings and, of course, intermittent loss of satellite (which is why you probably were thinking ATTI mode) - also remember line of site - if you lose site of the quad - you may lose transmitter signal.

Risky proposition flying in highly congested places - don't know the laws there - so suggest you do your reading.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj