Flying games . . .

Reaction score
I am traveling soon going to meet with some friends who also have drones. I was thinking of putting together an obstacle course using 2 "foam noodles" about 4 foot long, bending them like so ( and connecting 2 noodles forming an
"O" using small amount of PVC pipe to connect the ends and using a tee joint to make a stand. I know it is not a racer but Is the Phantom 3 Pro capable of doing this. I don't think the foam would hurt it and I can get the parts cheap. I just want to have some fun with it.

Just thought that Phantom drones were capable of doing fun stuff too! Sorry if I offended someone. Not interested in racing or racing drones.

The Phantom won't hold up well to any type of contact. Even with a pool noodle. The racing drone option would be better as they break less when they crash and are less expensive. That being said, its your drone to do with as you please. The platform is capable of high speed maneuvers as long as the man at the sticks can handle it. Just seems risky to me. To each their own.

No offense taken! Those racers have skill and reflexes I can't even dream about.

I was with a local Racing Drone group earlier this year, and figured I would fly my P3P around their course slowly to record the view with the HD camera, since they fly with lower-res analog cameras for the faster feedback.
Combine my nascent piloting skills with a lot of close obstacles, and you can probably guess what happened next...

go for it have some fun then later come back and post how the drone got broke then we can look at flightlogs and so on

Thanks for the advice, may need to rethink this idea.
It's going to cost you some money either way. Pool noodles will drop a phantom just as fast as a branch, so you could just use garden hose or whatever you have around the house. If you're not going fpv then take the camera off before running the course. It will be fun and shouldn't cost you too much. You will definitely want a back up to take the video from the air :)

You can get a pretty cool cheap quad at local toy stores for that kind of stuff. I have an assortment in the $100 range and their all pretty tough. Been crashed a lot and abused but still flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20